Chapter 2 : The Glade

My P.O.V

"Where are all the girls?" I asked once I was safely on the ground newt said 

"well greenie you are the second girl here, but um... the other girl is somewhere....around here....? he pondered looking all around him searching for the other girl.

he looked back at me and spoke " anyways Ably, our leader should be here any minute, i'm sure he'll want to meet you, being a girl and all that."  

I found that newt's words hurt a little bit, being a girl and all that, what do he mean all that?  I  wanted to know what he mean by 'all that' so I asked " what do you mean being 'a girl and all that' do you have a problem with me being a girl or something?" I said in a sassy way and glared at him daring him to reasoned.

"whoa, no need to get all worked up about it, it's jus-"

before I let him finish anger rose inside me "I not getting 'worked up' about it, I just need to know why you have a problem with me being a girl and all that?"

 I quoted him on the last part trying to sound as mad as I felt, I continue glaring at him, with his mouth opened surprised by the sheer fact that I had enough guts to say that to him or something. The other boy were now whispered quietly. 

 He still did no answer so I continued "well, I'm waiting?" 

since he did not answer I decide to tackle another problem I turned to big group of boys behind me so that I was facing them with my hands on my hips and said " by the way to whoever said that maybe we all get one before we died, I hate to break it to you, but not really, I'm not anything 'thing'  I am a girl, and I am not something to be owned so non of you get me, got that?" 

they all stopped whispering and glared at me like I was crazy but quickly nodded. 

"Now will someone please tell what the bloody heck is going on, like for example where am I, who put me here, and why are there bloody walls around us, and why can't I remember my bloody name?!?" I said mostly to the big group of boys with my back toward Newt.

 you turn around to meet Newt's gaze, when he finally spoke blinking a few time trying to process what just happen before speaking

  "well first, this is the glade, we don't know why or how we got here or who puts us here all we know is that once a month that box comes up with a new greenie and supplies come every week, the walls are not walls, there a maze, and we're in the middle of it, they keep us safe from the things inside the walls, the walls open during the day and shut at night. Your name will come back to you in a few hours, or days." Newt said still holing your gaze.

I started at him for a few moments trying to process all he said then he spoke again this time stepping closer to me.

"It may take some time for you to process everything, so let get some food in you, then go meet Ably, and by the way, I did not mean to offend you by saying you were a girl and all that I  was only saying it because we never had a girl before expect for Teresa but she was more um.... how do I say this, much more scared then you seem to be." Newt said with a small grin, I simply nod and follow him looking back once to see that the boys behind me where still shocked and still looking at me.

authors note: 

hope you guys like this chapter, I tried to show more of the personalty of the characters, let me know if you have any comments or changes! :)