The Date

"Hey, I'm glad you texted me," Lorelei said as she sat down across from me, "I was honestly a little worried 'cause you give a barista your number to give to a hot girl and you don't know what's gonna happen."

We both laughed, and she had a great laugh but it didn't make me feel the same way as when the mystery woman had laughed with me just a few days ago. After I had texted Lorelei that evening, we planned to go out to dinner together. So here we are, Friday night, at one of the nicest restaurants in town. It's a little fancy for a first date but she had suggested it and I wasn't gonna say no. It was pretty hard to get reservations but she knew someone who was able to get us a table on such short notice.

"You look incredible," I compliment her, and I'm not just saying it to be nice; she really does look stunning. She's taller than me, which isn't rare considering I'm 5'2, seems to be about 5'8 maybe 5'9, her hair is stick straight and dark brown, nearly seems black in the dim lighting of the restaurant, and she has this red dress on that let me just say falls on all her curves just right. Basically she's extremely hot. Her eyes are gorgeous and a nice hazel, but I can't stop thinking about the green eyes that had me frozen in time the day we had set up this date.

"Thank you," she chuckled, 'cause lets be honest everyone is a little awkward with compliments. "And you look absolutely stunning!" I wore a black dress with spaghetti straps. It's pretty short, but Olivia told me that it makes my boobs look good so I went with it not really knowing where this night would lead.

The rest of the night went pretty well. We talked and laughed and had a good time, but there wasn't really an amazing connection. There was no spark. But, was that spark thing really real? I mean people talk about it and movies and books, but I've always been a hopeless romantic, so maybe I should forget about trying to find that and just roll with what I have. Lorelei is sweet and funny, and we can't forget hot, so maybe I'll try another date.

"I had a lot of fun tonight, y/n," Lorelei said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah it was really nice!" I responded half-heartedly.

"But, you seem to have had something else or our mind all night."

It was true I had been comparing the whole night to the not even two minutes I had spent with the mystery women. I know I'm an idiot and I should just forget about her, but I can't. She lingers in my mind all day and I don't even know her name.

"I'm sorry," I respond, "it's really stupid and I shouldn't have let it get in the way of our date."

"I'm sure it's not that stupid if it's been distracting you from me for the past couple hours. I thought I looked hot tonight, but your eyes haven't been on me for more than a few seconds at a time."

"Oh no, you are so very hot tonight! I mean look at that dress and those curves. It's just that I met this woman and.."

Lorelei cut me off, "oh I see. Say no more. I've been there. Don't feel bad about it. You can't help who you fall for. But I do think maybe we should leave this very fancy, romantic restaurant, and just try to be friends for now." So much for the trying for a second date thing, but it was probably for the best.

I agreed with her and we called over the waiter and split the check because, as we established, this would no longer be a date and we would just be friends. I walked her to her car and said goodnight and started to walk back to my place. I didn't live far and it was a nice night and the air felt good so the walk would be enjoyable.

I cross the street and that's when I see her again. The mystery woman. She was heading into an ice cream parlor. You're really gonna cringe here and I promised myself that I would not become a stalker... but I followed her into the store. I am so freaking creepy, but I want to at least find out her name.

I walked into the store and quickly wrote my name and number on a napkin. She was about to leave but I went after her to stop her. I swear I am the clumsiest person on the face of the Earth because, as I try to get her attention, I trip. What did I trip on? I have no idea, but here I am again on the floor in front of a literal goddess.

"OH MY GOD! Are you okay??" the mystery woman asks me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just wanna go curl up in a hole right now and die of embarrassment." I responded. And then there it was again. That laugh. The laugh that I could nearly recognize. The laugh that made angels sing.

"I saw you at the grocery store today and thought you looked stunning. I wanted to give you my number," I managed to get out without looking up. I handed her the napkin and she actually took it and read it.

"Well," she looked at the paper and back at me, "Y/n. I'll consider using it." And she winked at me. I swear I nearly melted there, still sitting on the floor. "I'm-"

And that's when it clicked. The eyes, the laugh, the voice. I knew her. How could I be so oblivious and STUPID? I had been obsessed with her for years. I had admitted my love for her to everyone I met. She was basically the love of my life.

"ELIZABETH FREAKING OLSEN!!"

Author's Note:

Heyyyy guysssss! Long time no see. This is shorter than my last chapter but I wanted to give you guys a little something before I keep working on the story. But look at that I'm back to writing.

y/n finally figured out who it was. Did she completely embarrass herself? Probably. But will things work out in the end? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.