Gossip In the Tavern

Diluc, of Monstadt.. a well-known man, mostly known for his work in the wine industry. He's loved by a lot of people, however, he isn't known for smiling that much. He seems to have been through some tough stuff when he was younger. We do wonder what happened to him, he's never told anyone, the only other person who knows is his brother in the knights of Favonious, Kaeya. A citizen named Donna lives near the tavern. She has an extremely large crush on him, but that's beside the point. Her best friend is a woman named Margaret. Margaret is a remarkable woman and will be kind to anyone she meets! She's the caretaker for a young girl named Diona. Her dad is an enjoyer of the wine industry. He gets drunk often. I believe this is extremely hard for her to deal with. Diona wants to 'destroy' the wine industry because of this. But she does this in a, peculiar way. She's trying to bring it down by, being part of it herself! Such a confusing child. 

Diluc had heard about a new tavern opening up in town. 'The cat's tail'. It sells cocktails. So, he decided to try it out one day. He had heard many great things about the cocktails being sold there. They were said to taste so delicious they were like a blessing from the anemo archon! So they must be good. " I've finished in the tavern for today, you take over," Diluc murmured to his co-worker, stepping outside his tavern. The fresh Monstadt breeze brushed past his face. Today was a lovely day for a nice stroll around the city. Giving him the opportunity to try out the drinks on the cat's tail. He could go on a walk after he finished the drink, he thought to himself.

When he reached the bar, he saw practically everyone in Monstadt bustling around, even Lisa from the library was there, accompanying Jean, treating her on her day off. But, he decided not to say anything to them, it could be awkward. All around him were the sounds of glasses chiming, liquid splashing and chattering and gossiping. it seemed to be pretty popular compared to the tavern. No wonder he had begun to get fewer and fewer customers there every day. He wasn't bothered by it that much though. Less alcohol. Fewer drunkards. Maybe less venti goofing off too. He walked over to the back of the line. Fortunately, the line wasn't too long, it was just the bar itself that was quite cramped.

Faint footsteps could be heard behind him. "Hey! Look, traveller! It's Diluc!" A very annoying squeaky voice exclaimed. He knew exactly who it was. Sighing, he slowly turned around, seeing a floating .. Paimon. In the corner of his eye. He turned around. "Traveler and Paimon, fancy seeing you here," Diluc grunted. "I think you meant to say.. traveller and their emergency food," Traveller joked with a giggle. Diluc's heart warmed from the joke, making him feel... happy. Like he could laugh. But, he tried to refrain from smiling as he believed it would make him seem weak. Then he heard another familiar voice, "Hey! Diluc why aren't ya' in the tavern? I want more wine!" Venti explained. "Venti, go home," Diluc asked. "Fine! but traveller, come with me!" He giggled with a smile. Paimon and Traveller left with Venti.

Diluc let out a long sigh. He was glad that he could relax while lining up at 'The Cat's Tail'

words: 597, thank you for reading chapter one :)