2:17- So Much More

Start from the beginning

"Ew, no. I hate reading." My eyes widened at his response, in frustration I pinched is hand. He jumped a little.

"You're kidding me, aren't you? Why do run a whole gigantic library if you hate reading?" I tried not to raise my voice at him, I squeezed his hand. I was surprised he let me, I guess he could tell I was freaking out.

"It was the easiest job.." I scoffed, I didn't feel like letting go to my only source of comfort so I continued strangling his hand.

"-Then that should settle it." I zoned back in on the conversation, confused as to wait I just heard. Settled it? My heart dropped, hot tears pricked at my eyes.

"You're not gonna even do the ritual?" The chair he sat on made a loud noise throughout the room as he stood up. The warmth on my hand disappeared. I had an epiphany. "All of you are so disrespectful, I swear." Yunho spat out earning a few gasps, "elder Lekha, please speak some sense into him. You can't jump to conclusions like this."

"I do agree," her eyes were closed peacefully, she nodded, "the ritual is the only way to find out for sure, poor y/n hasn't even had a say."

Elder Teuku took a deep breath, he settled back into his seat. "I'm sorry for the outburst, I'm just so very disappointed in the three of you. Impurity is not a light subject. If the ritual does prove that San did not take her purity, then Alyss will be banned from tribe one, and will be banned from inheriting the throne. Since if she lied about this we can assume Y/n's statements were true. Do we all agree?"

Low mumbles of yes's resounded from around the room. At first, when Yunho brought up the ritual, I was worried out of my mind. Since San took my purity, and that was a fact. But then I remembered what I thought when I first told Hongjoong. I remember thinking about what Seonghwa's response would be like, and I thought, 'Purity is something you give, nobody can steal it away from you." I could imagine Seonghwa's sweet voice caressing my soul, while his hands surrounded me and kept me grounded. "You will never have to feel that way again, understand? Never in your life will you be stolen from, I will make sure of that."' Little did I know, that subconscious encouragement I gave myself would save me.

"Now, if Alyss was right, and he did take it, then Y/n will be exiled. Do we all agree?" More yes's. Without thinking I searched for a familiar pair of eyes. I found Hongjoong's worried stare, I gave him a warm smile. I was confident I was going to be fine.

"Alright, come up to the podium Queen Y/n." Elder Lekha's soft, shaky voice piped up once again. I took a breath through my nose, a crisp smell of dust and stale air. I reached the podium, stepping up some steps before standing face to face with the two elders. "Now, where did it go.. ah!" Elder Lekha smiled, eyes closed as she held a small vial. "Come closer, dear," I did as she asked, her eyes squinted open. They were a pale moonstone blue. "Now, close your eyes and keep your mind perfectly still. Thoughts might interrupt the process." She popped open the lid to the vial, the smell hit my senses immediately. My eyes fluttered close, the scent was mostly frankincense, yet there was so much more. Musty pine, with citrus hints, earthy and light.

Cold swiped against my fore head, I could feel droplets start from my hairline. The smell was stronger then before, I kept my mind silent. She mumbled prayers, her cold fingers pressed against both my temples.

Elder Teuku began a chant, he spoke in a different language, I was surprised I couldn't understand. He spoke loud, every syllable was fast and precise. I tried not to feel anything, just hope, nothing else. "Do you see what I see, Lekha?"

"Yes, exactly."

"Tell me, what do you see?"

Her fingers moved, circling my temples. "Oh my," oh no, is that a bad thing? "I've never seen this before. Her mind is.. partially, but that's normal. Her soul, however, is partial too. At most a kiss."

"I see that. Do you feel who?"

"Yes- oh! I see him."

"He has dark eyes, right? Almond and pretty big. Full lips and a straight nose that rounds out at the bottom."

"Black hair, right? Am I seeing your partner, Queen?" Lekha asked, my eyes were still closed.

"Yes, that's him."

"But, who tainted her body? Her partner? Wait-" Teuku sounded distraught, confused.

"Are you seeing the same thing, or is this just me, Teuku?" She sounded the same as Elder Teuku, her voice went higher than before.

"I don't see anyone, as if her body itself hasn't accepted it. She doesn't know." I could hear murmers start around the room. My heart lurched, my body tense as Lekha pressed I to my temples lightly.

"Does this count?"

"No, I know what it is."

"What?"

"It's partial, and I see San. It was forced. It doesn't count." I could hear a deep sigh, what does that mean? Am I free? "You can open your eyes, Queen. Guards, take San and Alyss to their rooms to gather their things. Make sure they're gone by noon."

"Elder Teuku, please-"

"Did I stutter? Or maybe I should put it simply. You both are found guilty. You are forgiven, and now you shall pay the price. Alyss, San, you both are banned from inheriting the throne and visiting tribe 1." I felt someone wipe the oils from my forehead with a wet cloth. I opened my eyes soon after.

"I'm so sorry, Queen, the oil can be harsh on the eyes." She smiled, and I beamed.

"I'm pure? Are you sure?" I felt jittery, I couldn't believe it.

"Partially, which doesn't count. Purity is more then whether you've been touched sexually or have not been touched sexually. It's much more than that, and I'm sorry for what you've had to go through." My eyes locked in on hers, once she opened them. I could almost see the empathy oozing out of her, for once I felt understood, not pitied.

"I'm so happy for you! I can't believe it!" Hongjoong sprung up behind me, capturing me in a hug. I turned around in his grasp, our height difference on the steps was hilarious. I pet his head, smoothing his hair back.

"Thank you, I can't believe it myself right now." I gazed down at him, I couldn't hide my relief, and it showed through my toothy grin. "Actually, I need to go thank Yunho." I studied the room, taking my surroundings in while looking for him. Then I found him, he was already walking out the door. "I have to go, sorry Hongjoong." I separated from him quickly, I ran as fast as I could, which was hard in heels.

I turned outside the door, it was just then I realized how sweaty I was. My bright red hair scratched my neck. "Wait Yunho!" I speed walked towards him, his tall figure turned around just in time for me to approach him.

"What-" I leaned in and wrapped my arms around him. I expected him to stiffen, or maybe push me off. But with ease, as if he expected this from me, he hugged me back. I wouldn't do this normally, but I guess the boost of serotonin was getting to me. "Oh, you're welcome I guess."

"Huh, I didn't even thank you yet- you're kinda weird." I laughed, my eyes turned to crescents. I pulled away, releasing my hold on him. I think that was the first time I saw him smile. We sort of had the same smile, our eyes did the same thing. Not to mention we had the same color hair, but that's obvious. The only difference was that the corners of my mouth were sharper. "Truly, thank you, if it weren't for you I would've lost nearly everything."

"I'm glad I could help."

"Mhm, you're welcome to visit whenever you'd like. Thank you again for telling me about their plans, and speaking up for me."

"Of course." Then after that, he left.

••••

A mini-phone is a microphone, alright 👁️👁️. This is an au so some devices aren't created (like the phone) but some of them still exist (like the musicbox thing).