Who Are We If Not The Same

It was a long ride in the elevator, the awkward silence was screaming to be heard and addressed and was finally released when the elevator doors opened back up on floor seven where Light, Misa, and Matsuda were already waiting.

"Alright, since the three of you have already agreed to help on this case, I assume you already know about the detail of Kira needing a name and a face to commit. So it is for that reason that all of your faces on any media platform or search engine has been morphed and your name only slightly changed to invoke the idea of a Mandela effect among the masses, especially for you Misa. Light is now Lite, Misa is now Missa, and Y/n I'm sure you can figure yours out. We won't need to change those names here since they are in essence the same. Let us begin." Ryuzaki took a seat at the round table, I can only assume was designed for maximum collaboration, especially given his awkward nature. The way he sat was also somewhat strange, sitting in a squat on the chair...

The meeting droned on for nearly two hours covering all the bases and the nuances of the Kira case, from clues, to suspects, even to theories posted all over the internet and whether they were to be debunked or not.

"That will be all for now, I suppose it's time we break for lunch. You can go get your lunch or feel free to use the kitchens on your designated levels. We'll meet back down here at 7PM."

1:30 PM- 10TH FLOOR

I went back up in the elevator alone, Ryuzaki had to wrap up some part of the case downstairs. It felt great to be in the silence for a moment, I hadn't realized my mind had been buzzing since the moment I arrived. Strange, I'm not feeling very hungry. I guess that cake was more filling than it looked... whatever, I'll just let Adreanna know I'm okay and sleep for a bit.

When I entered my room I plopped myself onto the bed. It formed itself around my body ever so slightly, it was like landing onto a marshmallow. They really had spared no expense. I pulled my phone out of the side table where we had been instructed to leave it just in case they were bugged. When I powered it one the light nearly blinded me in the dim room where I saw multiple texts and missed calls from Adreanna. I had only planned on texting her, but I guess i better call her instead. I clicked on the notification of her missed call and the phone was about to ring, but before it even had the chance an anxious voice blasted through the speaker.

Y/N?! Are you okay? I know you don't like calls so I tried texting but you didn't respond and you know how you always respond to texts within the hour and I got so worried I didn't know if something had happened so on my way back I stopped by your place and not only were you not home movers were pulling everything out of your apartment into a black van! I thought you died! You better tell me just WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU?!

Looks like I'd made her worry... whoops.

Heh, yeah I'm fine Adreanna I'm sorry. I ended up doing a job interview and they moved me in instantly basically. Sorry, I should've called I was just in a meeting...

YOU SHOULD BE SORRY! For peats sake y/n... I'm just glad you're okay and not dead in an alley. I owe you dinner, no you owe me dinner I... we'll figure something out but we need to see each other soon okay?

Okay Adreanna, again I'm sorry I worried you. Bye...

Well that was the phone call of a life time, and now I'm more tired than I was before. I set an alarm on my phone for two-thirty so I could wake up and get something to eat. As I got under the covers of the bed I realized just how soft they were, I had taken my jeans off and opted just for the t-shirt to be comfortable.

I wonder what Ryuzaki is working on right now... my eyelids started drooping as I kept wondering what he might be trying to piece together...

2:25 PM- Y/N'S BEDROOM