chapter two

chapter two

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hey, where were you?" Finn said happily as Riley joined him and Rachel in the que for snacks.

"I was seeing my brother," the blonde said. "So, what were you guys talking about?"

"The fact that Finn is very talented," Rachel said as Riley nodded.

"You're a really good singer," the blonde said as Finn smiled.

"Oh, thank you," he said, "I haven't heard you sing yet but I'm sure you're better." Riley smiled as Rachel clearly wasn't happy at Finn complimenting Riley and not her.

"I would know. I'm very talented, too," Rachel said as Riley nodded. "I think the rest of the team expects us to become an item." Riley furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at Rachel. "You, the hot male lead, and me, the stunning young ingenue everyone roots for." Finn looked slightly awkward while Rachel smiled up at him.

"Well, I, uh, have a girlfriend," Finn said as Rachel's face dropped.

"Really?" Rachel asked sounding disappointed, "who?"

"Quinn Fabray," Finn said as Riley looked confused.

"I have no idea who that is," the blonde said, "is she nice?" Before Finn could answer her, Rachel cut him off.

"Cheerleader Quinn Fabray?" Rachel asked, "the president of the Celibacy Club?" Finn nodded.

"For almost four months now," he said.

"What's she like?" Riley asked.

"She's cool," Finn said as the blonde smiled. "Mmm, I wonder if they have Sour Patch Kids." Riley gasped happily.

"Oh I love Sour Patch Kids," she said grinning as she and Finn hurried off to see if they had Sour Patch Kids while Rachel followed, slightly miserable. "I can't see any," Riley added as she looked at the sweet selection they had. Finn stood behind Riley, looking at the sweets higher up.

"Oh, here they are," he said happily, grabbing two packets. 

"Oh, thank you," Riley said getting her purse out. 

"Oh don't worry about it," Finn said smiling as Riley looked up at him.

"Are you sure?" Riley asked, "I can pay, I don't mind."

"It's my treat," Finn said as Riley smiled.

"Thank you," she said, neither of them seeing the jealous look from Rachel.

"Anytime," Finn said smiling as the blonde smiled at him. Once Finn paid for the sweets, he handed a packet to Riley. "There you are," he said.

"Thank you Finn," Riley said, beaming and showing her dimples off. Finn grinned as he opened his packet and put one in his mouth. Riley smiled as she copied what Finn did and put a red one in her mouth and ate it happily.

"Come on you guys," Mr. Schue called as they all looked at him, "time to go." 

Riley and Finn walked over to Mr. Schue with Rachel following. They all made their way to the auditorium and sat down. Riley was sitting next to Finn as they ate their Sour Patch Kids happily. 

"Hey, guys," Mr. Schue said, leaning forward and talking to the kids, "so this is supposed to be our competition, but, uh, I honestly don't think that they've got the talent that we've got. But let's be a good audience, all right? Give 'em some of that old McKinley High respect." Riley bit her lip.