Who's Who, According to Luna Lovegood

Start from the beginning

'...apart from that referee...' said Kingsley.

'Yes, Cyprian Youdle,' said Gawain. 'I remember that. It might have been a curse, still never got to the bottom of it but that was a friendly so it was rather odd circumstances.'

Petunia had gone white.

'What's a Snitch?' asked Dudley hurriedly.

'Ah, the Golden Snitch. As well as captains, Harry and Draco are both Seekers, their job is to find and catch the Golden Snitch, a small... oh...'

Rolanda's voice carried from across the pitch. 'If you don't mind a slight delay, I'd just like to use this opportunity to give Harry and Draco their wedding gift from me...'

She presented them a small box.

Minerva conjured a large magnifying glass from a leaf. 'Oh,' she said. 'Very good, Rolanda. It's a Bowman Wright box. They're the top manufacturer of Golden Snitches. Produce them for all the professional matches. Oh, the box says Bonnie Teague, she's their top metal charmer. That is special. Look, can you see they're being very careful not to touch it. The Snitch has a Flash Memory, so they remember the touch of the first person to handle it, in case of disputed capture. They can't be handled directly. 150 points are awarded to the team whose Seeker catches the Golden Snitch so even if one team is 140 points up, the other team can still win. The interesting thing about Harry and Draco is their rivalry has always been legendary, on and off the pitch. On the pitch, well, I admit they're very evenly matched, though I've always favoured Harry, naturally.'

'Lucius said Draco's first foray into Quidditch at Hogwarts wasn't successful. Actually, Lucius came home ranting a lot because he'd forked out for all those broomsticks. But that man could be rather overdramatic at times so I took it with a pinch of salt.'

'Well, yes, that match was fairly disastrous for Draco but I think he was distracted by his competition with Harry and forgot to look for the Snitch, which happened to be right beside his head. He definitely improved as the years went on. Either of them could have tried out for the Professional teams. Ah, look! They're off.'

The teams had taken to the sky and were circling higher just as Rolanda released the balls and chased after them.

'Are we safe?' Petunia flinched as a Bludger was almost immediate hit directly towards the spectators by George. It curved away.

'The balls are enchanted to stay within the boundaries of the pitch.'

'They're very high up,' said Dudley quietly.

'The Seekers tend to hover high, keeping out of the way and searching for the Snitch - it has disappeared for the moment.'

'I didn't think I'd actually get to see witches flying on broomsticks,' said Ronica, earning a disapproving look from some of those around her.

'Bloody Muggles,' snorted Gawain with a laugh. 'I blame Shakespeare for putting ludicrous sexist ideas into people's heads.'

'Actually,' said Hermione, 'the first portrayal of a witch on a broomstick was from an illustration for French Poet, Martin Le Franc's manuscript Le Champion des Dames in 1451.'

'How do you even know this stuff? Why do you even know this stuff?' said Minerva but she didn't listen for an answer because Ginny and Charlie were working with years of expert precision against Ron. This time, Harry's team stood a greater chance. Though Oliver quickly caught the Quaffle and was striking it home straight past Alex.

The score quickly grew to 60-30 to Draco's team.

'Ah, that's Bill Weasley who's caught the Quaffle from Mara,' came a dreamy voice resounded around the grounds. 'For those of you who don't know. Bill is the oldest of the Weasley children, probably a bit old to be playing Quidditch now. Ginny is the youngest and only daughter in the family. She's the second professional Quidditch player of her siblings alongside Ronald who retired this summer. Ginny currently plays for the Holyhead Harpies, though rumour is that she's been scouted for the England team. I do like her, she's very nice. It's noticeable that Blaise Zabini also likes her. Probably something to do with the leather... though Pansy told me he's always thought she was very attractive. Couldn't say anything at school because things like that were so difficult... but its clear Blaise has very discerning taste...'