Chapter 3: To the Kingdom of Dwarves!

After naming the Goblins, they evolved into Hobgoblins, and the Direwolves into Tempest Wolves—initially, I wanted to fix the problems one by one, but for the time being, I called another conference outside the premises.

"Everyone here? All right! I've got rules for you—three rules, to be exact—do your best to follow these rules."

"Yes!"

"I have three rules."

The rules that I stated publicly were:

Do not squabble among yourselves.Do not belittle other species.Do not attack humans unless absolutely necessary.

I needed to emphasize this point to prevent any casualties. More laws will be established once the city is officially founded, but for now, let's stick to the basics, as we did last time.

"Could I ask a question?" Rigur shouted. "Why are we not allowed to attack humans?"

Rigurd gave his son a stern look, perhaps afraid of offending me.

"Human beings live in large groups. If you provoke them, they can retaliate in force, and if they do, I doubt we will be able to defend ourselves. That's why I prohibit interfering with them. Befriending them will be more beneficial than making them enemies. But humans are like monsters; there are good ones we can befriend, and at the same time, there are evil ones we need to fight. Let's be careful about picking our human enemies, so don't fight when it's unnecessary and fight them only when they are hostile first."

Ranga let out a deep, affirmative growl, appearing more convinced than before.

"Is there anything else?"

"Here!"

"Yes, Gobta-kun?"

"What do you mean by 'do not look down upon other species'?"

"Well, all of you just acquired new abilities because of the evolution, right? I'm saying don't let that confidence affect you too much. I don't want you belittling weaker species just because you're a bit sturdier now. Sooner or later, your rivals will get just as strong—or even surpass you—and after mocking them, they might come knocking on your doors and obliterate you. That wouldn't be pleasant, right?"

There were no signs of uncertainty on their faces; it seemed my speech ended well.

"That's pretty much it. Stick to the rules as much as you can, all right?"

"Yes!"

After establishing the fundamentals, it was time to divide the roles. There was still no major battlefield, so our only challenge now was the battle against nature. 

Every organism requires food to replenish its energy, and at this rate, famine would be our downfall.

"Rigurd, I hereby appoint you as 'Goblin Lord.' It will be your job to govern this village."

He seemed happy, but in reality, I just placed a heavy burden on his shoulders.

"Y-Yes, Great Rimuru! I, I promise you that I, Rigurd, will devote myself body and soul to fulfill this position."

He was in tears of joy again.

"Very well, it's in your hands now," I said to him, tapping his shoulder.

With Rigurd now in charge of the Village, it should be a piece of cake—since we have at least 100 Goblin-Direwolf pairs—but with our population growing to 250, we need to go deeper into the forest to find enough food. 

To avoid casualties, I believe Goblins with a paired Direwolf should be posted in the most remote areas, while Goblins without a pair should scout nearby.