f o u r

Journal of Yang Jungwon

Saturday, September 28, 1887 at 12:02 PM– I am picking up from where I left off yesterday. Many unexplainable things happened that night. I'm not sure how to go about explaining this, as you may not believe this. Not like what I wrote beforehand was already other worldly.

Anyways, I walked into the dining hall cautiously. Everything about the scene was off. It was quiet, until Heeseung broke the silence.

"Stop!"

I nearly jumped out of the new clothes I was given. I immediately froze, and waited for him to say something else when I realized something.

Heeseung wasn't looking at me anymore. He turned to his right, and tried to swat at something. For about a minute or so, Heeseung continued to try to either grab aggressively, or hit something; his arms flailing about in the air.

The most logical explanation I could think of was that Heeseung was sleep walking. Maybe I took too long getting ready and lost track of time. After all, it was dark outside. I carefully approached Heeseung, trying not to get too close to avoid an unexpected uppercut.

My eyes adjusting to the dim light, discerned something on the table. Pills were scattered across the surface. At that moment I understood what was happening. Rushing towards the table, I gathered the pills, not knowing where to dispose of them when the racket Heeseung was making became quiet again.

A cold hand grabbed my shoulder. I never should have turned my back on him.

"What are you doing, Jungwon?" Heeseung said, almost in a whisper. His voice was hollow and raspy.

"Uh...um," my heart was racing, and I had no idea what to say, "you...asked me to come back and find you."

My back was still turned to him, and his hand was still resting on my shoulder. Heeseung didn't answer immediately. Each second that passed was excruciating. The pills were melting, and for a split second I thought to run, but then he spoke again.

"Alright then," he said, with a happier shift in tone. To be honest, that didn't make me feel better at all. Heeseung's affability was short-lived as he continued in a loopy voice. "Look at me; those pills you have there...they're one of a kind. When you take them, things will start to make more sense. As far as I know, they don't have any serious side effects," he said with a mischievous grin. His aura felt similar to Jake's, yet it was still more innocent.

I turned around to look Heeseung in the eyes. The poor guy had no idea what he was doing or talking about.

Then a wave of bravery washed over me, and I snapped at Heeseung, "I'm throwing these out whether you like it or not!"

Heeseung shifted his gaze slightly downward, unfocusing his eyes, "It's a shame I can't force you to do anything now...Damnit, Jake."

Before I could comprehend what was happening, Heeseung snatched the pills from my hand, crushing them with the strength of his two palms. He yanked my face up with his one of his hands, fear gripping me harder than him. Forcing my mouth open, Heeseung dropped the bitter powder in my mouth.

I fell to the ground tried to get up, but I was dizzy. As I regained my vision I looked up to see Heeseung standing in front of me wearing odd, layered clothes; a black long sleeved shirt, a white shirt, and a neon green jacket. I looked down at myself, only to see that I, too, had these futuristic clothes on. Immediately I started to feel sweltering heat.

Where was I, anyway?

A/N:

I don't really know what's going on, but bear with me...
cuz i had no idea how jungwon was gonna get convinced to take the pill 😭