WNKA : TWO, comfort inn ending

Start from the beginning

"You want to start where we left off last time? You were telling me about your brother's graduation. How was that trip home?"

"It was aight. Yeah, it was good. Good to see everybody."

We sat in silence for a few minutes after that until Eli blurted out, "did you see him again?" which caught me off guard. Not that I wasn't thinking about him already anyway. But, I shouldn't have told her about him last time. That was stupid. I was in my feelings, then.

I looked at her seriously. It wasn't that she asked, it was how she asked. It was like she knew I had. If I needed anymore clarification that it was time to end this study, this was it. Findings showed that seeing a therapist in your age demographic leads to unprofessional comfortability which breaks the trust between doctor and client. Study terminated.

I rubbed my hands together hoping something would convince me to stay. But, not even an inkling of a thought. "I think I should stop." I said, surely.

"Stop what, hun?" She asked, confused. Then she paused, "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have brought him up."

"Yeah, no offense, but I don't think I want to keep doing this therapy thing. I tried it, and it's not me."

"Okay, that's cool. But if you ever want someone to talk to, you have my cell." She smiled, although I can tell she's genuine I don't really want to talk about my feelings no more. "And I apologize if I made you uncomfortable, but that's exactly what therapy is for."

"I get that, but I'm not ready for that right now." I nodded. We talked for a few more minutes, then left the office for lunch. I was sitting in the cafeteria waiting for my next class to start when I decided to text Geo. Even though I know he don't wanna hear it.

Message to GK
1:27 pm

Royo
Wya

GK
Umm
GK
Financial Aid

Royo
🧢
Royo
Can I ask u a qq

GK
Shoot

Royo
Wait, Never mind

GK
Whats up bro

Royo
...

Royo
It's about you know
who but I'm going
to class now so
ill talk to u later

GK
U can txt while u walk
GK
Cuz now i wanna know

GK
If you thinking what
I think you thinking,
yes you should
drop his ass. Ion like
him but u already
know that

Royo
Yeah bro u tell me
that shit every
chance u get

GK
Fr tho. Cut him off
then you will
know if he frfr

Royo
No sense

GK
It do make sense.
Hear me out
GK
if he don't try
to get u back, it ain't real

Royo
🙄

GK
Remember what u
told me
GK
History don't mean
loyalty

Royo
🤒 I'm going to class
so stop txting me

GK
u gone be alr bro

Stepping through the threshold of the lecture hall, I took my seat in the center of the stands, off to the side a little where I won't get called on. The room filled up pretty quick and in no time Dr. Smith began her lecture. About five minutes in, she looked over towards the door smiling, waving someone in. She paused her lesson and a tall brown skinned man walked through the door. He scanned the room as he walked until his eyes landed on mine. Scooting down in my seat, pulling my hood over my head, I slouched until my face was covered by my open laptop.

"Class, this is our new T.A." Dr. Smith announced in her Mississippi accent. He came up to the podium where Dr. Smith stood, introducing himself as Wilbur Doom Jr., Ph.D student. He laughed, hearing some whispers throughout the room. "Yes, it's true, Professor Judge Doom is is my father, and yes I am a junior." He nodded, avoiding looking my way. "Any other questions, I am happy to answer. But, I don't want to take up too much of Dr. Smiths lecture time, so you guys can chat with me after class." He smiled, nodding and heading up to the top of the rows.

I could feel him watching me and as I looked up, behind me he turned his head, looking down at his phone. Mine vibrated. I unlocked it receiving a message from him.

Message from Suge
1:11 pm

*a/n Suge pronounced SHUG*

Suge
Hey
Suge
I didn't say anything
because I was nervous.
And I didn't want
to ruin our last
moments together.

Royo
Last?

Suge
My father insisted
that if I take the job, I
can no longer 'fraternize'
with anyone who
might be my student

Royo
Like 👉🏻👌🏻?

Suge
🙄

Royo
😂
Royo
He wouldn't know.
Nobody knows anyway

Suge
He does tho

Royo
How tf does he know??
Royo
You told him about us?
SUGE he's my PROFESSOR

Suge
He always knew about us.
Okay? We're close. He
knows everything about me

My stomach dropped. I looked up behind me, making eye contact with him before locking my phone back, closing my laptop and standing to leave the class.

"Mr. Kelley? Is everything alright?" Dr. Smith asked, but I knew my face was probably bright red. I didn't respond. I left the class as swiftly as possible. What the fuck?

arie
p: 08/03/2021
e/rp: 08/08/2021
e: 10/14/2021