Chapter two ² | The Spirit of Flowers Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"I'm still struggling with the spirit dance as well great mother yet I can dream. Tanya is just a bit tired today from what happened earlier." Doyun defended his sister though their mother wasn't having it.

"No you aren't struggling with it Doyun you're refusing the dance, you need to learn to except that you'll one day become one-half of the great siblings as it was what was destined for you." Choseol spoke staring her son down who diverted his attention elsewhere not thinking he could handle the way his mother stared at him.

Doyun had a lot on his mind lately especially recently with the number of dreams he's having tripling more than normal though he kept that to himself. Doyun should have known his mother was easily able to notice he was pushing back from his title. As he stood there silently rubbing his sisters' back soothingly his thoughts were preoccupied with a few things.

A guy who looked just like Eunseom from his dreams but wearing and living in such a strange different place in his dreams, A weird big thing against the black cliffs in his dreams and also a group of men seemingly from some sort of weird tribe Doyun had deducted with weird tools in his dreams. Doyun doubted his dreaming abilities a lot so he chalked up most of his dreams recently to be faulty and not right just his imagination.

Leaning down towards Tanya's ear Doyun whispered to her that in the morning they could wake up early and go train if she wanted to. Tanya nodding liking the idea since they were so close to mastering the spirit dance. The two not noticing Eunseom who lingered far enough away not to be noticed watching them with a small frown after witnessing what had happened.

• • • • • • •

Just like how they'd both planned yesterday night the two twins woke up early to get to the sacred place and started practicing the spirit dance together in sync. Doyun catching Tanya from falling again but the two lost balance both ending up sitting in the shallow water.

Their mother only now arriving a little while later walking up behind them as they sat in the water while Tanya voiced out her thoughts.

"I cannot hear the voice of the spirits. And unlike you, Doyun and I cannot memorise the dance for summoning spirits. Doyun can dream but seems troubled these days as if he doesn't believe in himself anymore with his dreaming abilities meanwhile I can't even dream yet." Tanya spoke out staring upwards with her voice slightly shaky as she spoke quietly enough for all three of them to hear.

Doyun frowning at how Tanya had also noticed his lack in the belief of his abilities like his mother had the night beforehand though he wasn't surprised as Tanya was his twin and easily could tell when something was up with him and vice verse with him to Tanya.

"Why can't we even run away with Eunseom?" Tanya asked out just wanting to leave this place with her twin and best friend.

"Because you both are tied here." Choseol responded to Tanya's question though the twins knew this already in a sense. Tanya though turned to look up at her mother asking her what specifically are both herself and her brother tied to.

"Your names. Your name Tanya and Doyun's name. Being a member of the Wahan Tribe. The fact you are Yeolson's children, the next great siblings... and the children of the prophecy about the Azure Comet." Choseol explained staring at her children.

"So your name can tie you down like a spell." Tanya summarised Choseol's words before she asked another question genuinely curious. "Do you think Eunseom wants to leave because he too is tied to a name?" This question catching Doyun's attention wanting to know his mothers' opinion on it since he'd listened to the conversation beforehand between his mother and Eunseom when he'd pretended to be asleep the other day.