Chapter 13:

Id been at the facilty for a few weeks now and got along with almost everyone. Apart from Bucky. He never wanted to talk me. Never wanted to go on missions with me. Never even looked at me. I decided to join him in the weapons section in the training centre.

"Hi." I said walking up to him. I tried to put a friendly face on but it was difficult when he had a constant pissed off look on his face. He turned his head towards me and looked me up and down. He simply nodded his head then went back to his knife throwing. That really annoyed me. Did he really think he was so superior that he won't even say a word to me? In anger I grabbed a spear and threw it at a target about 20 feet away. It hit a bullseye. It wasn't the one I was aiming for but it still looked cool. Then I turned back to him.

"Look if you have something against me just fuckin' say it!" Luckily we were on the far side of the training centre so no one heard me.

"I don't have anything against you." he said with the same expression of 'leave me alone'.

"Well then why are you such a dick to me. You homophobic or sum?"

"You need to stop thinking everything is about you." He said.

"Then what is it about?"

"I don't treat you any differently to how I treat anyone else."

"Well at least you talk to other people."

"Do I?"

I thought for a second. He was being fair I guess. The only people he talked to were Steve and Sam. Apart from them he ignored everyone.

I sighed and calmed down a bit. "Ok fine. Fair enough."

He actually gave a small, smug smile. A smile. I'd never seen him smile in the few weeks I'd been here.

"We cool?" I asked hopefully, sticking my hand out.

"Sure." he took it and gave my hand a firm shake. "Nice throw by the way."

"Wow I'm even getting compliments from you now."

"Don't expect them too often."

I laughed and walked out the train centre. Maybe I'd go out today. Yeah I'd been cooped up in this facility far to long and was eager to explore earth. I was about to go when I heard a familier voice call out to me.

"Where you goin'?" A hand grabbed mine from behind and twirled me around, catching me. It was Valkyrie. We had been dating for a couple weeks now since we both hated the term 'friends with benefits.'

"I thought I'd go out, explore earth a little. Wanna come?"

"Wish I could but I promised Thor that I'd visit new Asgard, he's having a bit of trouble keeping order, he's not exactly a natural leader."

"And you are?" a smile spread across my face.

"Alright, let's not go there." she laughed. A ship landed in the courtyard.

"Ahh there's my ride." she bounded up to ship. "See you tonight!" And with that she took off.

I decided to walk to the shops since it couldn't be that far. I was wearing a blue t-shirt and leggings. I found it in Nats wardrobe and thought it was appropriate mortal clothing. A had a jacket tied around my waist incase it got cold. After around 20 minutes of walking I reached the shops. I saw a rather busy cafe called 'Starbucks'. I'd never heard of it but decided to give it a go. I trodded in wearing my plain black boots and walked up to the counter. Looking at the drinks, I'd never heard of half of them and other simply sounded unappealing.

"Ummm... Can... I... Have.... Theeeeeeee...." my eyes were skimming across the menu and I was starting to feel awkward just standing here. In panic I chose a random thing. "I'll have the.... Caramel frappe."

"Would you like that grande or venti?" the girl behind the counter said.

Grande or venti? What is that French. I decided to pick a random one.

"Venti please."

"Alright and what your name?"

Why would they need my name I'm not a criminal. "Y/n" I said. She wrote it on the back of the cup.

"Sounds good, it'll be ready soon you can take a seat."

I scan the area and pick a seat in the corner of the cafe. Suddenly I hear a loud ringing which startles me. Then I realise it coming from a pocket in my jacket. I fumble and pull out my strange little device Banner gave me a while back. Memories. I started randomly clicking on the screen until I heard Thors voice.

"Y/N???" he was shouting. I assumed I had to shout back.

"YEAH WHAT."

"OH HI. UM. I ACCIDENTALLY CALLED YOU."

"OH OK."

Silence.

"HOW DO I STOP THIS?" he asked. I could hear Valkyrie laughing in the background.

"HOW THE FUCK SHOULD I KNOW." Everyone around me was giving me weird, concerned stares.

"OH WAIT I THINK I GOT IT.... NEVER MIND THAT'S THE VOLUME."

"JUST SMASH THE DAMN THING."

"YOU THINK THAT'LL WORK?"

"I DON'T KNOW. HANG ON I'LL GIVE IT A GO." I held the device up and threw it hard to the ground. I picked it up. The screen was completely smashed and bits had fallen off it. I could no longer hear Thors voice.

"Hm, guess it worked." I looked up and people were looking at me as if I was insane. The girl who made my frappe was holding it and shaking. I walked up, took it out of her hand and drank it... Only to immediately spit it out all over the counter. It was awful. Disgusting. I realised she spelled my name completely wrong. I gave her the drink back and immediately walked to the door.

"Umm miss!" the lady was shouting for me. I slowly turned to her. "y-you didn't pay."

"Well I didn't even drink it." I waited for her response and when it was clear she would not give one, I strode out making a mental note to never go there again.

𝐎𝐌𝐆𝐆𝐆. 400 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬???!!!! 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞. 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨. 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐞. 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲. 𝐈𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭.