19. traitor

nineteen,
traitor

        THE REST OF the show had gone good, except for the fact that Ricky's harness had gone missing, but they'd managed to pull it off

        THE REST OF the show had gone good, except for the fact that Ricky's harness had gone missing, but they'd managed to pull it off. She'd gotten out of her costume and was now in her outfit for the after party. She was wearing a long-sleeved black crop-top and a red leather skirt. She wasn't even sure she wanted to go to the party because she was exhausted.

        "Hey! Give it up for our star!" Nini exclaimed as Phoebe walked into the room.

        She gave them all a small smile as they clapped for her. "Thank you, guys."

        "Has anyone seen my boyfriend?" Ashlyn wondered, standing up. "It feels like I've been missing him all night."

        "I think he pushed himself a little hard," Carlos answered.

        "But I'm pretty sure he left a letter at your locker," Ricky told her.

        "Uh, couple letters, actually," EJ corrected.

        "Oh," Ashlyn nodded. "Okay. Wow. That - that's sweet. Um, maybe I'll read them on the way to Slices. Good show, everyone."

        She walked into the hallway and everyone rushed over to the door to watch. Confused, Phoebe joined them. Big Red held a sign with Ashlyn's name lit up. It was beyond adorable. "You were amazing out there. I was really proud."

        "Come here, you evil genius."

        Phoebe softly smiled as she turned and walked out of the room from the other way.

        "There's my shining star!" James held out his arms for his daughter, a large grin on his face. Phoebe laughed and walked into his arms.

        "You were pretty decent up there," Jack said, glancing up at her. "I'm surprised."

        Phoebe rolled her eyes and ruffled his hair. "Thanks, J. That means a lot."

        Phoebe went home to do her hair. She quickly straightened it and decided that she was going to go to Slices. It was the last time she'd actually get this experience, and as tired as she was, she didn't want to miss it.

        "Phoebe!" everyone cheered as she walked into the restaurant.

        "Hey," she greeted, taking a glass from Clara. The redhead hadn't been able to make it to the show due to something her family had planned a while ago.

        Ashlyn raised her own glass. "Tonight was one for the record books."

        Phoebe clinked her glass with everyone else. "I will forever remember this as. . . a night."