𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝, 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲

"As the mall's lead custodial engineer, I ensure that all retail establishments come equipped with the StoreSafe 250," Martin tells us, putting his hand on the gate that guards the store from the hallway of the mall.

"This is the Cadillac of store gates. Now, the 250 prevents your standard smash-and-grab, graffiti, all while complying with the 70% visibility ordinance. Best part," He unlocks the gate and pulls it up. "Easy to operate."

"And we can rig them for quick release?" Josh asks. "Little grease and these things go down faster than a Sunnyvale cheerleader," Martin says. 

"The shade he just threw at Sam, though," I mumble to Simon. "Brutal," He responds, keeping his voice the same level as mine.

"So, Deena is the target right now so the killers will go after Deena's blood just like they did with Sam. And then we use that to lure them into the stores. And then-"

Martin rolls down the gate.

"Welcome to the clink motherucker."

"The killers will be locked up, then it's just us versus Goode," Josh finishes.

"Yes!" Simon rubs his hands together. "I can't wait to kick some pig's ass!"

"Okay, sure, awesome, but then what?" Deena asks. "Like how do we take out Goode?"

"Are y'all serious about this?" Martin asks.

"Nope, Martin. We just called you here to fuck around and get arrested," I say to him, crossing my arms. He gives me a blank stare and turns to Josh. "I like the little white girl."

"Hey," Simon raises his arm and points his finger at Martin. "She's taken."

"Mannn," Martin scoffs, looking between the both us. "I didn't mean it like that." He looks at the ground and kicks something off his shoe. "Damn white people," I hear him mumble, causing me to let out a laugh.

"Once they're down, how quickly can we get the gates back open?" C. Bernam asks.

"Well, that depends but-"

"Why would we want to do that?" Deena asks. "We'll Carrie him," The red-head responds, allowing me to remember what she had told us earlier that day when explaining her experience at Camp Nightwing.

I grin. 

"Let's do it."

Simon, Josh, Martin and I walk into a toy store to get supplies for the plan as C. Berman and Deena go into different stores to do the same thing as us.

Josh picks up a water gun and starts testing it out, using his mouth for sound effects. I browse through the items in the toy store, finding nothing that I can use to my advantage. 

I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn to see a purple T-Rex. I scream, startled. Simon starts to laugh as he takes the T-Rex off of his hand. 

"Real funny, jackass," I tell him, turning back around to look through the toys once more. 

I feel a pair of warm arms around wrap around my waist, and a head sit on my shoulder. "I thought it was funny," Simon whispers into the crook of my neck. 

I lean my head away from him. "That tickles, Si."

"Oh," He leans forward, putting his head in my neck once again. "Does it?" He asks, before squeezing and tickling my sides, sending me into a fit of laughter.

I lean my body as far away from him as I can as I try to pry his hands off me. "Si- Simon, s-stop!" I yell, trying to speak through my laughter.

"What's the magic word?" He asks, continuing to tickle me.