Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind,
Two of us will help you, whichever you would find,
One among us seven will let you move ahead,
Another will transport the drinker back instead,
Two among our number only nettle wine,
Three of us are killers, waiting hidden in line.
Choose, unless you wish to stay her forevermore,
First, however slyly the poison tries to hide.
You will always find some on nettle wines left side;
Third, as you see clearly, all different size,
Neither dwarf nor giant holds death in their insides;
Fourth, the second left and the second on the right
Are twins once you taste them, though different at first sight.

James let out a whistle, "I for sure would not be able to figure that out."

Remus rolled his eyes, "it's quite simple." Causing everyone to turn to him with raised eyebrows.

Remus smiled and shook his head gesturing back towards the memory.

Hermione let out a sigh and Harry surprisingly saw her smiling.

"Brilliant!" Said Hermione, "this isn't magic...it's logic...a puzzle. A lot of the greatest wizards haven't got an ounce of logic; they're be stuck in here forever."

"I would" said Ron, everyone muttered their agreements except Remus, Hermione and Lily.

"But...so will we, won't we?"

"Of course not." Said Hermione, "everything we need is here on this paper. Seven bottles, three are poison, two are wine, one will get us safely back and one safely foreword."

"But how do we know which one to drink?" Asked a very confused Harry.

"One minute." Muttered Hermione as she read and re read the paper several times. Then she walked up and down the lines of bottles, muttering to herself and pointing at them. Then she all of a sudden clapped her hands causing Harry to jump slightly.

"Got it! The smallest one will get us through the black fire and to the stone...except that's not enough for both of us, barely a swallow."

Remus clapped Hermione on the back, "well done."

Hermione pointed at the rounded bottle at the right end of the line, "and that one will bring one of us back, towards Ron."

"You drink that," said Harry. "Listen, grab Ron. Grab brooks from the flying key room, they'll get you out of the trapdoor and past fluffy. Go straight to dumbledore, and tell him everything, I'll hold off snape for a while. I'm no match for him really."

"Then why in merlins name would you go!" Screeched Lily, even though she had a inkling it wasn't snape.

Harry shrugged in response earning a huff and an eye roll from his mother.

"But Harry what if you-know-who is with him?"

"Well..I was lucky once wasn't I?" Said Harry pointing at his scar, "I might get lucky again."

Ginny turned towards her husband, "you were counting on luck! I know you are smart so why in merlins name would you do that?"

Teddy nodded, "uncle harry...your luck is quite terrible." Everyone nodded in agreement except Lily and James who were confused.

Hermiones lip trembled, and she suddenly ran up to Harry and hugged him. "Hermione!"  He shouted in surprise.

"Your a great wizard you know."

"I'm not as good as you," said Harry with an embarrassed smile.

"Me!" Exclaimed Hermione, "I've got books, and cleverness...while they are important what you have is more. You have friendship and bravery and....Oh Harry please be careful!"

"Harry! You got Hermione to admit you were better! Congrats, that's a once in a lifetime accomplishment."

Everyone laughed as Hermione hit Ron on his head although she was smiling as well.

"You drink first." Said Harry, "you are sure which is which aren't you?"

"Positive." Said Hermione as she took a drink from her bottle.

She turned to harry, "good luck...and take care!"

"Go! Before it runs out!"

She nodded to him and ran through the fire.

"Wow harry, want to get rid of me that badly." Harry smirked and nodded, "yeah..you can be annoying."

Hermione fake gasped, and tried to hit Harry around his head like she had with Ron. But thanks to his reflexes he ducked and caught her hand causing her to scold him. Everyone laughed as they watched it happen.

Harry took a deep breath and picked up his bottle and turned towards the black flames.

"Here I come..." he whispered as he drained the bottle.

He put it down and walked foreword bracing himself to walk through. Then he was on the other side of the chamber.

There was someone there, only it wasn't snape, or Voldemort....

It was Quirrel....