Chapter 2: The Guy I Like

"Oh! Beomgyu! Can you throw this trash?"

I almost rolled my eyes and looked back at that old woman above my apartment, "Why can't you just do that?" I asked her dropping honorifics.

"W-what? Hey! You rascal—"

"I'm the one who always throw your trash every morning and you don't even pay me. That's not my job, if you want me to throw every trash of yours at least pay me even 50, tsk." I whined then totally walked out from her.

That woman always gambles, fight with his husband and has a rebel kid. See what happens if your parents aren't role models?

So don't ask why a kid prefers to be with their friends and start asking why they don't want to be at home because first of all, it's not even a place that deserves to be called home.

I plugged my earphones and started playing music while riding to school. It's not that far from here but you still need bus, good thing I have this old bike with me.

I parked my bike and locked it then started walking. Some of the students especially girls are smiling at me so I smiled at them back.

I'm not that famous but a lot of students knew me because of my part time job. I went inside our classroom and Jay immediately approaches me.

"Hey! Beomgyu."

"Oh?"

"I'm going to confess today." He stated.

"Really?" I asked him, "That's good HAHAHAHA I hope you won’t cry at the end HAHAHAH."

"I like you." He said.

I scratched the back of my head and look at him, "That's too cold, can you even make some efforts?" I asked him.

He snaps his fingers, "Right! What should I say??" He asked me.

"Wait... But I saw Bo Ra earlier. She's with her ex? I think? I'm not really sure..." I said according to what I've seen.

"WHAT!?"

"Hey Jay! Keep it down!" Someone studying yelled at him.

"Shhh!"  I added while laughing at him.

"But— hey, you really did see her? Wait let me check her. That woman!" He shouted again then he ran.

I just laughed at him then rest my chin on my palm and looked outside the window. There I saw him talking to his only friend and laughing with him. I smiled unconsciously while looking at him then the teacher arrived so I need to take my eyes away from him.

I listened and jot down some notes that can help me. I'm not a studious one but I'm trying to be so that my grandma will be proud of me as she raised a kid who's successful.

Lunch time and I don't have the money to pay for food expenses so I'm always eating sandwich or other foods from iCart and eat it outside the room.

I sat down in one of the bench in front of our school field and started eating. There are some students who are playing on the field and some are also eating packed lunch.

Jay and I aren't that really close friends. I mean, yes we are friends but we're not that close? Hahaah how should I even put this?

"Hello~~~"

I looked at the girl who greeted me and she's smiling at me. "Oh yeah, hello... Why?" I asked her.

"Can I sit beside you?" She asked.

"Yeah sure..." I replied while smiling and moved a bit.

"Thank you hahahaha. Uh, I'm Park Mina. You're Beomgyu right?" She asked.