17. selfish

seventeen,
selfish

        WHEN SEB CAME back with permission from his mother to sleep over, they got to work while using him as a mannequin

WHEN SEB CAME back with permission from his mother to sleep over, they got to work while using him as a mannequin. "Ooh, this is going to be so good," Kourtney smiled. "Carlos would wear it."

"Does he just walk around in Armani sweatpants?" Ashlyn wondered.

"I guess," Seb answered.

Kourtney frowned. "Uh. . . Sebbie?"

"Is something going on with you guys?" Nini questioned.

Seb sighed. "I guess you could say he met a group of extreme photogenic guys when he was down in Mexico and he seems pretty happy. So, now I'm pretty sad."

Gina stepped closer to the others. "Seb, come on."

        "You want to see him happy, that's with you," Ashlyn added.

        Seb hummed. "But I guess he has to be, out of default, right?"

        "What do you mean?" Clara tilted her head.

        Seb sat down. "There's not a lot of other choices for a boy like Carlos here at East."

        "No, Seb," Nini softly told him.

        "I'm sure you'll work this out," Phoebe assured him. "Just tell him how you feel, yeah?"

        "I'm not so good at saying the feelings part out loud."

        "Never hurts to put yourself out there," Gina said. "Or so I've heard."

"Okay, I'm sorry, you totally do not have to answer this, but what happened with you and EJ?" Nini inquired, turning towards Phoebe. "I thought you guys were doing great."

Phoebe looked down at her lap. "Um. . . the communication wasn't awesome between us."

"You guys will figure stuff out," Nini encouraged. "I mean, with what you did on Valentine's Day, you have to be soulmates."

        Ashlyn gasped. "The chocolates!"

        Nini stuck a pin in the pin cushion. "What are the chocolates?"

        "Oh, um, I. . ." Gina awkwardly chuckled. "I thought Ricky sent me some chocolates on Valentine's Day and I kind of melted a little — as a friend. But he didn't send me chocolates, Nini. It was my mom."

        Nini forced a smile. "Why'd I never hear about this?"

        Gina froze. "It wasn't a big deal."