13. not a break up

thirteen,
not a break up

        PHOEBE WAS HORRIBLE at following her own advise

PHOEBE WAS HORRIBLE at following her own advise. She knew that she should talk to EJ and Gina instead of ignoring them — well, okay, she wouldn't say she was ignoring them. She was just avoiding them. She figured if she didn't approach her problems, they'd just go away.

        Like she said, she was horrible at taking her own advise.

        "Hi," Miss Jenn greeted them. She'd had everyone come to school earlier for rehearsal. "Thank you all for coming to rehearsal in the morning. I know, it's a crazy day with the career fair and all, but given all your behavior last week, I believe we are lucky to be rehearsing at all. For future reference, singing and dancing, good. Breaking and entering, bad."

"Okay, we snuck in. It's not our fault that, for a private school, their security sucks," Clara shrugged.

"Yeah, Miss Jenn, we didn't break anything," Seb added.

The teacher turned towards him. "Would you like me to be the first?"

"I'm good."

"Okay, I'm just going to say it," Carlos raised his hand. "Zack Roy stole our Beast mask. Why are you not freaking out?"

"Because winners don't freak out, Carlos," Miss Jenn told him. "They rise. When they go low, we sing high." She then began vocalizing, making Phoebe wince. It was way too early for this.

Ricky tapped her shoulder. "Hey, Bee, have you seen Nini?"

"No," the girl shook her head. "Why?"

"We haven't talked since North High," Ricky whispered. "I. . . I don't know what's gonna happen today."

"Hey," Phoebe put a hand on his shoulder. "You guys are Nini and Ricky. You'll be okay."

"Okay, let's rehearse," Miss Jenn turned to EJ. "EJ, remember where you are emotionally. Belle has just rebuked your marriage proposal and LeFou is rallying the guys to boost you back up. Let's hit it."

"Okay, so, uh, don't forget to start on your left foot at the top of the chorus," Gina advised.

"Anything else?"

Gina tilted her head. "Don't fall over."

"You dance people have all the best tips."

"Go get 'em, Biggie!" Ashlyn cheered.

"Thanks," Big Red smiled. "All good."

"I wasn't saying you weren't. Just know that I am loyally rooting for you, okay?"