08. acting intensive

eight,
acting intensive

        PHOEBE HAD BEEN slightly confused when Miss Jenn told them everyone to meet at East High on a Saturday

PHOEBE HAD BEEN slightly confused when Miss Jenn told them everyone to meet at East High on a Saturday. She had quickly learned the reasoning. North High had changed their musical to Beauty and the Beast. Lily, the girl from auditions who had disappeared right after, was not only starring in the show but was co-directing. Plus, she looked stunning in Belle's gold dress.

        The brunette paced around the bomb shelter as she tried to collect her thoughts. She tried to stay positive. If North High changed their musical, they probably felt threatened by East High. However, she couldn't help but feel like she was going to disappoint everyone. She didn't think she was going to be good enough, and if they lost it would be on her.

        "Oh my gosh, that's what's her name — Lily, from our auditions," Seb pointed out. "She isn't just co-directing their show, she's starring in it."

       "Hey," EJ grabbed his girlfriend's hand, making her look at him. "You are our Belle, we'll be fine, okay? C'mere." Phoebe let out a breath as EJ moved so she could sit next to him. "Breathe, my love."

        He helped her with her breathing until Miss Jenn and Carlos walked in with Target bags. "Thank you all for coming so quickly on a Saturday. . . or most of you all. We're missing a teapot and a village idiot."

        "Uh, I think Kourtney and Big Red are at the pizza place," Ricky informed her.

        "Yeah, Kourtney texted in the group," Seb revealed. "They said they couldn't get anyone to cover their shifts." EJ lightly hit his shoulder, making him realize his mistake.

        It was true, Kourtney had texted the group chat, just not the one with Miss Jenn. The drama club had three group chats in total. One with Miss Jenn, one without her, and the other that had been used to tell everyone to meet up at Seb's barn.

        "Oh. . ." Miss Jenn pulled out her phone. "I didn't see that text."

        "I mean the group chat with me and EJ. . . and Bee," Seb quickly lied, making Phoebe lightly laugh.

"Well," Miss Jenn moved on. "Back to the matter at hand. I can tell from your solemn faces you've all seen. . . the video."

"It's incredible," Carlos voiced. "Even I have no notes. I can't believe they stole our show."

"I think their Lumiere is, like, an actual French exchange student," Ricky told everyone.

        "Miss Jenn how are we supposed to beat North at the Menkies if they're churning out this a second after changing their musical?" Ashlyn questioned, clearly worried.