04. be my valentine

four,
be my valentine

        IT WAS VALENTINE'S Day, the day that Phoebe both loved and hated

IT WAS VALENTINE'S Day, the day that Phoebe both loved and hated. EJ always got her an expensive gift and took her to an expensive restaurant no matter how many times she'd made him promise not to. Honestly, Phoebe preferred being lowkey. She was perfectly content on baking cookies before watching a romcom and cuddling.

"It has to be Tatum," Phoebe said, walking alongside Clara as they headed to EJ's locker. Phoebe was trying to guess who the redhead's mystery date was.

"Nope," Clara shook her head. "Tatum's a dick." Clara turned towards the brunette. "I didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Phoebe blinked.

"Tatum has a girlfriend - or had a girlfriend. I'm hoping she dumped him," Clara told her, Phoebe's eyes widened. "Yeah. I texted him one time and she answered back."

"Oh, wow," Phoebe frowned. "I knew he was too cute and sweet to be true."

"Who's too cute and sweet to be true?" EJ asked when they got to his locker.

"Tatum," Phoebe answered.

"The one that you were talking to?" EJ looked at Clara. She nodded. "Why is he too cute and sweet to be true?"

"Was," Clara corrected. "He has - or had, I'm not sure if she broke up with him - a girlfriend. Anyways, Tatum doesn't matter anymore. I have a date."

"Someone would willingly go on a date with you?" EJ raised a brow.

"People adore me."

"Keep telling yourself that, Clara," EJ muttered, pulling a heart-shaped box out of his locker, putting it behind his back. "I know you don't like the chocolate that usually comes inside of it and Hershey's are your favorite chocolate. And it's not Valentine's Day without chocolate, so. . ." He handed her the box. She opened it to see a bunch of Hershey's bars cut to the shape.

"EJ," Phoebe's smile widened. "I love it, and I love you so much."

"So I'm guessing this means that you'll be my valentine?"

"I don't know," Phoebe joked as she closed the box. "I mean. . . since when did you become Harry Styles?" He rolled his eyes at her with a small grin. "Yes, of course I'll be your valentine."

EJ put his thumb under her chin and slightly tilted her head up as he kissed her.

"Ew," Clara scoffed, making the couple pull apart.

"I guess since you have a date, you don't need these," EJ pulled out another heart-shaped box.

Clara quickly grabbed the box from his hand before she turned around and walked away. "See you later, Bee!"