01. the exception

one,
the exception

        PHOEBE MILLER WAITED for Miss Jenn to come around the corner as she held hands with her boyfriend

PHOEBE MILLER WAITED for Miss Jenn to come around the corner as she held hands with her boyfriend. She and EJ Caswell were back and better than ever. Her right hand messed with the bee charm on her necklace. The drama club was performing Something in the Air, a song that Nini Salazar Roberts, Ashlyn Caswell, and Phoebe had written for their new Instagram page.

"Getting comfy in my onesie, yeah," Phoebe heard Seb Matthew-Smith begin singing. "Let's kick back a take a break, I hope we're snowed in every day."

"There's no time to relax," Carlos Rodriguez went next. "Got moves to make, got ground to break. Get the reindeer out the way, I'm gonna make this season slay."

Seb spun around and pointed at EJ. "The end and the beginning of another year." EJ grabbed Phoebe's hand and led her over to the stairs.

"Taking in the memories that we made right here," Phoebe leaned against the railing.

"The tree is going up and my roots are going down," Gina Porter voiced.

"All around I'm feeling it, are you feeling it?" the three teenagers questioned.

Phoebe and EJ ran off to allow Gina and the other dancers to have their moment. The couple waited with the others for Ricky Bowen and Nini to come out of their lockers. Miss Jenn and Carlos thought it would be cute of them to come out when it was their part of the song. "Holding your hand when it gets cold, promise me you'll never let go. It's winter break, but we'll never break apart." Everyone came out of their hiding spots and followed them down the hallway. "A season of celebrating, the memories we'll be making. Making a change, make a new start-"

"I'm gonna make my mark," Gina cut them off, moving to the front of the group as everyone began doing their choreography.

"There's something in the air," the drama club sang. "About to go off right now, lighting it up all around. I feel it coming, something in the air. A time to look forward to. Get ready for something new. I feel it coming, something in the air."

"We are excited to announce that behind these doors, the theater is being restored to its full, resplendent, 1960s era glory over the holiday break," Carlos stood in front of the auditorium doors.

Ricky grabbed the phone from Miss Jenn. "Something in the air. I feel it coming, something in the air!"

The performance ended and EJ pulled his girlfriend closer to him, pressing a kiss to her temple in celebration. Phoebe laughed, moving her head so she could give him a quick kiss.