"Take me to my hearse... my coffin... my grave..."

"Silas, you thespian bit**, get the fu** out of your stupid stage," Menti said. "We're here for Cedric, remember?"

Silas looked at her in surprise. "I thought I was the swear factory."

"Guys, you know you don't have to be here for me," Cedric said.

"Cedric, we are your friends, you're in distress, and we're supposed to help you. Plus..." Menti pulled on a serious expression. "Where's the marshmallows?"

Cedric raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"It's where are not where's since marshmallows are plural and---okay, I'll stop," Graham said as Menti gave him a glare.

"We only came here to tell you the coast is clear," Bert told him.

"What?"

Bert went on. "We know you've been trying to get into the hospital wing since last night."

"How did you know?"

"Tess told me. She's friends with Jenna, who's friends with Gwendy, who's friends with Stourton, who's friends with Westcott, who's friends with Corner, who's friends with---"

"Okay, I get it." Cedric should've known. Bert's got a large network of friends who are friends with people from different Houses. He's bound to find out about things.

"The thing is, we know you've been trying to avoid the Gryffindor Team as much as possible, as well as Harry Potter's friends."

"But now they're gone, so go to him!" Pax finished.

"How do you know they're all gone?"

"I took care of them," Silas said as he cracked his knuckles.

"Silas..."

"Oh, I didn't kill them. I simply duplicated your prefect's badge and wore it on my chest like I own it. I told them to fetch some files from Filch's office and bring them to Snape. Just take them from the desk and leave immediately because Snape needed them now."

"Is he really looking for them?"

"No, but I bet their rubies will be gone in a flash. It's either that or I smell detention. Or worse... murder."

Cedric knew he should be used to it by now, but he still couldn't help but look at him in shock. "What?"

"It was Berrycloth's idea."

"No it wasn't!"

"Yes it was."

"I just told you to think of something, Fernsby. I never suggested anything like that!"

"You told me to use my Slytherin brain to help our friend out. And that's what I did."

"Silas," Cedric said, "there are better ways to persuade them to leave. In fact, you didn't have to. They're his friends!"

"Better ways? Like what?"

"Oh, I don't know. How about asking politely?"

"That's your job. I'm surprised you haven't even done it yet."

Wow, Cedric's more surprised he hasn't killed him yet. Silas could be such a pain. "I got reasons, all right? The Gryffindor Team's there, they'd probably kill me, his friends are mad I got the Snitch first, maybe he doesn't need me, maybe they'd tell me to get out, maybe---"

"No wonder you're not in Gryffindor," Menti said. "You're too scared."

"And why aren't you in Gryffindor?" Cedric coolly countered. "Too scared as well?"