Bad Idea!

Julian had always been pretty, towards Irwin, that is.

Pink hair, which some might debate it's either Peach or Red.
Blue eyes resembling the ocean as if Irwin was drowning in it.

Overall, he looked like Irwin's future boyfriend.

But after they reunited, everything broke to pieces. The ideal future young Irwin had always dreamed of– the future where he's happily ever after with Julian, has been destroyed.

Julian was dating someone, a girl who may be the same age as him.

Irwin Zhou was conflicted.

-

After reuniting, Irwin was confused about his feelings for Julian.

Was it just puppy love? Was it just the naivety that comes from being young and in-love?

Irwin couldn't think straight. Julian was so pretty, it hurts. Irwin couldn't reject his overwhelming feelings towards Julian.
All he knows is that his feelings were real, and the horrible feeling of indirect rejection pained him.

He didn't know whether to be happy for Julian, he felt empty even after reuniting with his longtime crush.

What's the point of an empty crush if your feelings cannot be reciprocated?

-

Julian had invited Irwin to his house after the reunion.

The misunderstanding about the Frog incident hadn't been cleared up, so Julian was still pretty fierce towards Irwin. Irwin found that cute, however.

They were sitting in Julian's room, air filled with awkward silence. Irwin felt uneasy about the silence, so he decided to talk.

"I guess we don't get along after that incident."

"What do you think?" Julian was fierce.

The sharp tone of Julian's voice stabbed Irwin, he hated that.

"Your.. girlfriend, Julian." Irwin didn't know what to say, and ended up blurting out.

"My girlfriend?" Julian's sharp tone lessened a bit, he sounded confused about what Irwin had just said.

"She's pretty." Irwin lied. In his eyes, Julian was prettier.

"I know, i'm happy I had met her. It felt like fate."

What a stab in the heart.

"Julian— then what about me?"

"Were you ha.. happy you reunited with me?" Another blurted out sentence, but now it came from the heart.

Julian didn't say anything. Instead, he looked away.

The air wasn't just filled with silence, now it was filled with uncomfortable feelings.

Quite truthfully; Julian doesn't know what to feel about Irwin.

To him— Irwin was.. a bit miscievous, towards Julian. He disliked that.

But everytime Julian was near Irwin during their childhood, it felt like butterflies swarming in his stomach. Julian was and still unsure about what he feels towards Irwin Zhou. Whether it might just be platonic appreciation, or a romantic feeling. Everything was confusing to Julian, all he knows it that he hated Irwin after the incident. But even after the incident, Julian still felt comfortable around Irwin, he liked the feelings Irwin gave towards Julian, he felt calm and comforted around Irwin.

Julian didn't know whether or not to deny or affirm about what he felt when he reunited with his childhood friend.

It was a swarm of mixed feelings.

It was a late night, filled with conflicting emotions.
During the late night, Irwin Zhou and Julian Liu were contemplating their feelings towards each other.
The other was sure he hated the latter, but the other was simply heartbroken and was giving up on his one-sided love.

Julian was sleepy, just thinking about his feelings bore him.

Irwin caught on that Julian was sleepy, and didn't want to make him sleep deprived.

"Julian, you can sleep now, i'll go home."

"..Can you make some tea for me." It was a weird request of Julian, but Irwin understood that he was just thirsty.

Irwin simply nodded and stood up to make tea, exiting Julian's room.

-

Irwin came back with tea, specifically hot, because Julian didn't mention if he wants cold or hot.

The tea was as hot as Julian; and no, Irwin wasn't referring to Julian's temperature, it was about his looks.

When he entered the room, the lights were off and Julian was already tucked in bed, covered in blankets. He was sleeping soundly. Adorable, Irwin found that.

Irwin put the tea on Julian's study desk.

The night was full of overwhelming feelings.

Irwin couldn't resist it anymore.

He kneeled right besides Julian's bed, looking intently to the sleeping other.

Irwin swept strands of hair away from Julian's forehead, and gave a light kiss on the forehead.

His heartbeat increased and was so loud that Julian could probably hear it in his dreams.

Irwin took a breath before whispering.

"I wish I had reunited with you before you and her met."

"Sweet dreams, Julian."

Irwin leaves the room, with regrets of not meeting Julian earlier.

A soft and quiet whisper,
Woke the other up.
And now the other knows about the latter's feelings.