15

Even though workouts were canceled this morning, I didn't take advantage of that extra sleep I could've had. I waited up most of the night for Zayn, but he never came home.

I sleepily walk down the hall to my locker and stuck my head in to rest my eyes for a bit. Then I jump when someone taps my shoulder.

"You okay?" Will asks, leaning against the locker against mine.

"Yeah, I just didn't get enough sleep last night." I smile at him, getting what I needed from my locker then shut it. "It was a long weekend."

"I heard– you won your game. Congratulations."

We start walking towards my class when someone roughly bumps into my shoulder.

"What the hell?" I curse out, rubbing my shoulder. My eyes meet Brennen's and I sigh. "Brennen, hey. I was hoping to see you."

"Why? So you can step all over me again?" he says aggressively. "You're a fucking bitch, Rylee, and you deserve the worst."

"Yes, I know." I nod and he seemed taken aback. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for everything I said. So much had been going on that day."

"And that makes it okay for you to speak to me how you did."

"Of course not." I shake my head. I hold my arms open for a hug and I step toward him but he backs away, keeping his arms where they were since we had bumped into each other– behind his back. "Brennen, I'm sorry. I'm a very bad person. You don't want me, you deserve better. Way better and I'm sure there's someone out there for you."

"Rylee, have you not been getting my texts?" Monique calls from behind him, jogging through the crowded hall. Brennen flinches and quickly presses his back against the wall. "Do you want to skip first period?"

"That's a hard no." I say sternly. "Coach will nag me about it for the rest of my days."

"Oh damn, I better go before I'm late." Will speaks up. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah same," I pat Monique's shoulder. "You should too because knowing how coach is, he will find out." I warn her before heading off.

I spot coach at the door of his classroom, talking to another student. I quickly sneak past them and sit in my regular seat in the back. I glance at Harry to find his eyes clearly on me while still talking to that student. I bury my face in my arms and rest my eyes. The bell rings and next thing, someone taps my table and I jump up. Harry stays by my desk as he speaks.

"Alright guys, today we're going to learn something a bit hard," he announces to class. "And if you still don't get it at the end of class today, get with me and we can schedule a time to go over it again after school." he says, going to the front of the classroom. I already knew I wasn't going to or wanted to see him later because I picked up a shift. I tried to pay attention, but my eyes were drooping. "Eversteen, would you like to do this practice question on the board."

My head shoots up and everyone's eyes were on me. There was pressure from all the attention on my shoulders, so I just get up anyway. He hands me the marker and I look at the nonsense on the board. I stare at the problem then at Harry who stood at a distance with his arms crossed.

"Sorry, I don't know." I tell him and I hear a few students laugh. I feel my skin burn from embarrassment. "Sorry."

"I'll see you after school then." he takes the marker from me. "Who else wants to try." he asks and quite a few hands pop up.

"Coach I can't." I say softly to him. "I have to work."

"Your education is more important than work," he says, keeping his attention on the student he chose as they made their way up. "You don't want to stay behind while your other peers graduate and you repeat this class during the summer. Now take a seat, Eversteen."