C H A P T E R T W O

Start from the beginning

She heard Lance gasp slightly. "W-what? Why?"

"Because of 'my reaction to the incident and how I acted towards Russell' or something."

Lance frowned. "Oh come on. One incident?"

Zia shook her head. "Ask Binnoto."

Lance looked at the Powman girl sympatheticly, before standing up from his seat and walking over to the bed laying beside her. "Well, Pizza was a big mistake. There's plenty of things we could have done."

Zia tried to hide her amusement, and stopped herself from laughing.

Lance turned his head towards her. "Hey."

Zia turned to him. "Don't worry about it. Anyone of those teams would want you. Hell, I'm pretty sure my Dad would fire me just to have you in the car." he said.

Zia smiled at him. "Thanks Stroll."

Lance stood up from the bed and pull Zia up by her forearms. "Come on, let's go watch crappy TV and murder our diet."

GEORGE RUSSELL KNOCKED on his best friends hotel door, waiting for him to open the door. He heard the lock click, and Lando's face came into view. "Hey mate."

"Hi Lando." The two went into the hotel room and flopped down on the sofa.

Lando looked at his friend, a look on his face that said I know you want to rant.

George was silent for a few seconds, before bursting out into a rant.

"I don't know what happened. From where I was, I thought I was ahead of her. Apparently not. Now she's pissed at me, probably wants to punch my face in. I've got Masi breathing down my neck, and I've only got two points left on my licence before a race ban. It's all for stupid shit too. "

George took a deap breath and looked over to Lando."Say something. Go on, tell me I'm an arse. "

"You're an arse. And if you think she hates you now..."

George snapped his head towards him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Lando sighed. "Look, this is information I'm not even supposed to know so-"

"I won't tell anyone Lando. You know that." George promised.

"Well- you know how Binotto was eyeing her up for the seat next season?"

George nodded, confused as to what this had to do with him.

"They've given it to Carlos."

George's mouth dropped open. He'd always thought that Zia would have gotten that second Ferrari seat. Even though they had never really got along, despite their friendship groups mixing, he knew that she was an amazing racer.

What shocked him even more was that Carlos had been the other contender for the seat. As far as he knew, Carlos had no plans to switch teams. He'd loved working with Mclaren, and he was getting good results, having finished second only a few weeks ago at Monza. But then he supposed, that was probably why Binnoto had picked up on him.

"Oh jeeze." He squeezed his eyes shut and threw his head back, running his hands down his face. "Oh she's gonna' kill me."

"Yep."

George glared at Lando. "You're not helping."

Lando shrugged, "Mate there's not a lot I can say. It's happened now."

George started at the wall in front of him. Lando was right. He couldn't change what had happened. Neither could Zia.

He bit the inside of his lip and sighed. The only thing he could think of doing was trying to apologise to Zia. He hadn't planned on it, but after a very awkward phone call with his mother earlier where she called him out for being 'an arrogant idiot', he thought it might be better to try and clear the air.

"I'm going to apologise to her. I have to."

Lando smiled at his friend and clapped his shoulder. "It's better than leaving it."

George tuneed to his friend. "If I die, make sure Charles doesn't speak at the funeral."

Lando rolled his eyes and ruffled George's hair. "Oh shut up you baby."

"You only just turned 20."

"If Zia doesn't kill you I will."

any lance hate will not be tollarated 🙃❤️