C H A P T E R T W O

Start from the beginning

"I hope Alfa extend your contract."

Zia took in a deap breath, and nodded. She left the office and walked down the stairs, still in slight shock of what had just happened. She walked stright towards the door and left, trying not to catch eyes with anyone.

She had lost her seat at Ferrari.

PHONE CALL WITH ALICE BREAKMON AND ZIA POWMAN

"MI AMOUR, ARE you okay? Do you need me to come back?"

"What? No Al don't be ridiculous you're going out with Alex in like five minutes."

"Yes but-"

"Alice Marie Breakmon if you cancel  your date I'll murder you."

"God you're so dramatic. Look, I'm not having you alone after that. Just- promise me you'll call someone. Gio, Lando, Lance, Daniel, Charles-"

"So are you just going to list the entire grid or?"

"Just promise me you'll call someone."

"Alright, I promise."

"Alex is here. Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"I'll be fine. Enjoy the date."

"Love you Z"

"Love you too Al."

Zia rolled her eyes at her friend's protectiveness, but kept her promise, and dialed another number, before placing the phone to her ear.

"Z? You good?"

"Hey, are you free?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I need someone to take my mind of something."

"You still pissed at George?"

"Yeah, but that's not what's bothering me."

"Uh oh. Alright, I'll be there in like 10 minutes."

"Thanks mate."

"No problem."

True to his word, the door knocked ten minutes later, and Zia opened it to reveal Lance, holding a box of Pizza. "I bring gifts." he said smiling.

Zia laughed and Lance came into the room, placing the pizza down on the kitchen counter. Zia walked back over to her bed and threw herself down onto it.

Lance sat down on the chair opposite the bed and made himself comfortable."So. What happened?"

Zia turned her head to look at him. "If I tell you this you can't mention it to anyone. It will get me into even more trouble."

Lance gave her a worried look but promised to to tell anyone. Zia sighed before turning to stare at the ceiling. "I lost the Ferarri seat to Sainz."