Special Chapter

"Kao! Kao!"

Pete shouted when he entered the house.

"What is it babe?" I asked coming out from my working room.

"Look who's with me"

"Oh DeeDa! Hello there little princess" I greeted her and tried to ruffle her hair but she turned her head when she saw my hand getting close to her and tightened her arms around Pete's neck.

"Hehe, don't worry baby, she's just shy" Pete said after he saw DeeDa ignoring me.

Yeah yeah shy. Do shy kids glare at others nowdays?

"Hmm. Why did you bring her? Where's her parents? And why do you have this big bag with you?"

"First of all, let's sit down and I'll explain everything. 

Ok, so I was at work when Sandee called me and told me to meet her. When I finished my work I went to her"

Flashbacks to 1 hour ago

"What's wrong San? What do you want from me?"

"You see Pete, tomorrow is my and Thada's anniversary and we're going on a trip."

"What it got to do with me?"

Sandee smiled. "I want you to take care of DeeDa until we come back."

"Hmm I think it's ok. Are you going for 2 days?"

She chuckled nervously. "Y-Yeah, something like this."

"What do you mean?"

"It's actually for-for a.... month."

"MONTH?!?!" Kao in the present shouted.

"That was my reaction too Kao. Let me continue"

1 hour ago

"MONTH?!?!"

"Peeete, we barely have time for each other. Thada is always at work and I have to take care of DeeDa all the time. Please, just for a month.

"Why me? Ask Thada's brother"

"To come back and see my daughter became a tattooist? No thank you. I asked my family but they all are busy. I don't have anyone else except you and Kao. Pleeease~"

"Sandee, I'm ok with it but donno about Kao"

"You talk to him. I'm sure he will agree. After all Kao have the kindest heart."

"He do. My Kao is the kindest" I smiled proudly. 

"So? You agree?"

"I guess..."

"Yaaay. Pete thank you so much. C'mon Da, go to your uncle Pete."

"Shut up San. I'm not an uncle"

~

"And that's what happened"

"But Pete, a month is so long. And let me guess, I'll have to take care of her right?"

"Ye-Yeah, since I have to go to work and you stay home all the time"

"You make it sound like I stay home lazing around. You know that I work too Pete, the only difference is that I work from here"

"No no, honey, I don't mean it like this. I just meant that since you're already home then you can keep an eye on here. I'm sorry for making you feel this way. It's ok, I'll take DeeDa back to her parents and tell them I can't do it, ok?"