Chapter 7: The start of a forbidden friendship

Começar do início

"Uh, uh, no, no, no. I-I don't have any more." Hiccup said nervously as he tried to back away from it more.

After that, there was a moment of pause before the Night Fury started making hacking sounds as if it was about to puke only to regurgitate half of the fish that Hiccup gave it to eat onto his lap.

Hiccup couldn't help but become a bit queasy and made a disgusting noise as Emily almost puked at that but covered her mouth just to be sure while Optimus was just simply disturb at that. The Night Fury then stood up before sitting down on its haunches while it and Hiccup had a small stare off. The Night Fury then gestured to the regurgitated fish in Hiccup's lap and he followed its gaze and just sigh. He can't believe he's actually gonna do this and will seriously regret it later.

He hesitantly lifted the fish to his mouth before taking a small yet convincing bite out of it and Emily shuddered when she had to swallow her puke while Optimus let her lean against him. Hiccup tried to give the fish back to the Night Fury but it noticed that bulge on his cheek and noted that the human hadn't swallowed it yet.

He then made a swallowing motion and Hiccup gave a face of disbelief that would clearly say 'are you kidding me?!' as Emily and Optimus just stared at the Night Fury in shock. Hiccup just sighs silently through his nose and tries to swallow it whole. At first he literally almost threw up but he stopped it before swallowing it whole and shuddered in disgust and discomfort at the feel of fish scales sliding down his throat.

The Night Fury licked its lips like a cat would and seemed to be asking how the fish was and Hiccup just smiled at it awkwardly. The Night Fury squinted its eyes at what Hiccup was doing and tried to mimic it much to their surprise and made a toothless smile which was adorably cute as Hiccup, Emily and Optimus were amazed by this.

Hiccup then put the fish aside before slowly standing up and reached for the Night Fury slowly but its smile instantly disappeared as he snarled at him in a warning sound before clumsily flying off to the other side of the cove as the trio watched it curiously.

Hiccup curiously followed it as it breathed fire on the ground in a circular motion before laying down on the heated ground. It then looked up as a bird flew away as it watched the bird for a moment before it noticed Hiccup was sitting a few yards from it. It made an annoyed expression before moving its body and lay back down and used its tail to cover its face and tried to take a nap.

Hiccup slowly scooted closer to it and reached for the tail until the Night Fury lifted it to look at him as if saying 'what do you think you're doing' as this made Hiccup to stand up and walk away quickly. The Night Fury moved from its spot and hung itself upside down on a branch and wrapped itself with its wings and finally got to fall asleep for a nap while Hiccup, Emily and Optimus watched it from where they were.

"This will take a while." Hiccup said as he rested his cheek on the palm of his hand while watching the dragon.

"Just give the dragon some time. And it will trust you eventually." Emily told him as she was resting against Optimus' warm and scaly body.

Hiccup took out his notepad and started to sketch them to which the two didn't mind at all.

It was now sunset when Hiccup was finished drawing Emily and Optimus to which he showed them and he was just sitting on a rock and drawing the Night Fury's face on the ground. Emily borrowed his sketchbook and he didn't mind since she was drawing something on it.

The Night Fury opened its eyes and looked around before its ears perked up slightly when it saw that the two humans were still there and they seemed to be doing something. It then got down from the branch and approached them. It watched as the female human was drawing something while the Stormcutter, who introduced itself as Optimus, was just perfectly content with the female near it.