Heavy Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

Rose followed its hollow gaze and she found herself staring at her pendant.

Why has everyone been so captivated by her pendant?

The doll was the first to break the silence, "Where did you get that?" it asked.

Rose tilted her head in confusion. "What, this pendant?"

The blonde held it as she said that and it earned her more silence.

Rose gulped at the tension that was starting to build over this lone pendant.

"...my parents gave it to me. They said it was from a very special person."

She finally said as she dropped her hands to land on the table.

"Who's that 'very special person'?" the doll asked and Rose shrugged.

"I don't know. They just never told me."

The doll seemed like it sighed in disappointment as it turned its head away from her, as if taking off eye contact. "A shame."

"Excuse me?" Rose piped up but was ignored.

Finally, the veiled woman started talking again. "What... did you come here for?"

The blonde's brows both rose.

Rose noticed that the woman's demeanor and voice changed almost rapidly in just minutes of silence.

From confident and a bit high, to low and hesitant.

Rose finally got the question she had been dying to be asked to her.

She almost completely forgot what happened earlier as she answered almost excitedly.

"I'm looking for answers."

Rose was quick to get to the point.

The veiled woman paused, but then nodded. Rose nodded back and started to trash her mind of the questions she had earlier.

She picked one up, the most important one.

"What were my parents' involvement with this village?" she asked and yet again, earned silence.

Minutes go by and there was still no answer.

Rose started to doubt the woman could even hear her now before she spoke again.

"...I cannot answer that. I apologize."

Rose was hit with a pang of heavy disappointment.

She furrowed her brows and sighed.

"How about another question?"

The woman didn't nod.

"Who is Miranda?"

At this question, the woman almost seemed to perk up.

Rose's eyes lit up as the veiled woman seemed to know something.

"Miranda... Was the goddess of this village for many centuries." The woman started.

Rose nodded, "And she had wanted to ressurect her daughter using many vessels from the village, before it was destroyed."

Rose started to get the hint. So this Miranda person was supposedly the bad guy.

"Did she steal babies or something?" Rose joked but earned an almost immediate nod from the woman. The blonde paused.

"...seriously? This Miranda person stole children?" Rose asked again, earning a grumble from the doll.

"She did. In fact, you were the main example of–"

The woman yet again puts a hand to cover and quiet the doll's unnecessary remarks.

The woman received an eye roll from the doll as she did that.

Rose raised a brow at her sentence, "What? How can I be a part of that?"

The woman shook her head at Rose and Rose took it as a 'shut up.'

The woman retracted her hand from the doll's mouth and, it stopped talking.

Now that Rose thinks about it, she hasn't actually introduced herself yet.

Now that she knows that everyone somehow knows who she is, isn't it about time they also introduce themselves to her?

Rose clears her throat, "Um, anyway, what's your name?"

The woman stayed quiet for a bit. "...na. Donna... Beneviento."

The woman, Donna, whispered the first part of her name but continued it fully after.

Rose nodded, "My name's Rose Winters. Although I guess you already know me..."

Rose laughed awkwardly at that.

"You mean Rosemary? You should've said your full name, dummy." the doll piped up after awhile.

Rose shrugged and stood up. She saw Donna's head move up, meaning she was watching as Rose stood up.

"Thank you anyway. I hope to see you again." Rose said as she waved goodbye and walked to the door.

She heard the doll grumble again.

"Why do you look so much like her..."

Rose didn't look back but she knew what she heard.

What did the doll mean?

She didn't see Donna's reaction but Rose can somehow feel that she nodded at the doll's statement.

She bids them bye one last time before finally walking out of the door.

She stares at the graves and she saw one that was closer to the door than most of them.

"Claudia Beneviento."

Rose could have read that earlier. Curse the thick fog!

But now that she thinks about it, after the woman revealed herself, the fog just disappeared and the house's inside looked normal again.

Rose sighed as she realized her mistake. She forgot to ask Donna about what happened to her down there and the moving dolls and graves and stuff.

...maybe The Duke knows?

Rose sighs again. She'll take her chances.

Her next stop is the castle, anyway. Surely she'll meet up with the obese man again on the way.

She just hopes she can get actual answers this time...