*why?*

Y/n pov

The clothing rubbing against my fresh cuts hurts, but that's my fault. I grab Alex's hand and hold it. I start drawing shapes on his hand and he lets me. WHy is he being so nice? I expected him to lash out and give me a whole speech about why  what I did is wrong. "Guys wait!" i turn around to see niki? shes here?! "Niki! hii!" i say putting a smile on my face. "Y/n! hello hello! we arrived early and i asked where you were and dream said you went out for a walk and we found you guys!" she said with a big smile. "You came by yourself?" I ask concerningly. "Oh no fundys here, but once he saw you guys, he headed back while I ran to you guys!" i just nod my head. I look over and see quackity zoned out. "Hey you ok?" i put my hand on his arm. "Y-Yeah i'm fine! Let's go! Niki, you coming with us?" he said a little down but not really noticeable. "oh no imma head back its cold! bye guys!" she said, waving. We said bye and continued walking.

Alex's pov

Y/n started drawing shapes on my hand. She is just so adorable. I will admit I have feelings for her, but I know it's wrong. Ivé had them for a while now but she dated a dream, and its messed up if i dated her.  she just got out of a relationship. It'll be fine right?

I hear niki caught up and y/n’s expression changed so fast. she went from relaxed and sad to happy and excited, and once she left her mood dropped again. Is she putting on a fake smile? We continue walking and I pick y/n up on my back. She wraps her arms and legs around me and lets me carry her.

Y/n pov

Alex picks me up and i just giggle. "What are you doing?" I say while burying my face in his neck. "Carrying you obviously!" he said. i give in and cling onto him. I started playing with his hair that hangs out of his beinei. I started to get lost in my thoughts. does clay have feelings for george. If he does I'm fine with it, but he could have spoken to me. I get i lashed out and i shouldn't have but he was also making it seem like i don't matter. i think we started dating to soon. We where just being dumb and not comunicating. That was the problem. Miscommunication. I should probably try talking to him again. Alex talks to me. He listens. He understands. He's so sweet. But why. There has to be a reason. not just because. we made it to the store and i get off his back.

I hold his hand again and we make it to the medical isle. he grabs the things and i feel liquid run down my leg. "shit, can we go to the bathroom, or hurry with the bandaids?" I ask frantically. "Yeah hold on." He grabs all the things we need and he does self checkout. No one was there so it was quick. We made it into the unisex bathroom for handycap and i pulled down the sweats or joggers. I grabbed the toilet paper and wet it. I see the deep cut on my thigh still bleeding. Alex grabs the oitmens and rubs it on my leg. I try to grab some but he grabs my hand. "No, im putting it on. not you." he said stopping in his tracks. I freeze, feeling my face heat up and butterflies in my stomach. Why was that attractive. He wraps my leg with the bandages and i pull the joggers up. I roll up my sleeve and see bits of cotton from the sweater on the cuts. I pick those out and rinse them under the water. Alex grabs my arms gently and applies the ointment. He raps my arm and does the same for the other side. "thank you" i say softly looking up at him. He looks up at me as well. "Yeah it's no problem. y/n.. You are loved ok? and i know this because Karl always talks about you and how your like an amazing sister to him. Sapnap talks about how he loves when you light up whenever you tell him about your day. And i love the way you make everyone happy. Y/n we all love you so never feel like we don't ok? I know it's a lot to ask, but can you stop hurting yourself?" He genuinely means that. I have tears pouring down my face. "Yeah I'll stop. I promise." I say making eye contact. He held eye contact before glancing down at my lips. He places his hand on my cheek and gently kisses me. he pulls back and places his head on my shoulder. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have." he sounded ashamed and embarrassed. I cup his face making him look at me and I kiss him back. I pull away and he smiles. He leans down for another one and our lips meet for another soft kiss. We pull back and  head out. we started walking back home and he held my hand. "I- uh, i don't want to use you as a rebound alex.' i say looking down. "Don't get me wrong i do like you but i still have feelings for dream. Not from when we first started dating but they are still  there." He stops and pulls me into a hug. "It's ok, I don't mind. you won't be using me as a rebound because you have feelings for me. It's ok." he said placing a kiss on my head. "ok" i say looking up smiling to see him smiling too. He leanes down and pecked my lips. We started walking again hand in hand. We made it back to the house and we saw Nick, Karl,  George and niki in the living room. They all turned their heads and looked at us as we walked in. Alex stood behind me wrapping his arms around my waist protectively. "Where's clay and the others?" Alex asks looking around. "Oh, clay's sleeping in our room and the others are in their rooms asleep as well." Nick look at george like 'really dude?' and george responds with "what? they asked?" shrugging his shoulders. He got up and went to his room saying he was tired. "So what going on with you to?" Karl asked like a teenage girl fangirling over something. "Well it's complicated." I say , turning my head to look at alex. "yeah but she's my unofficial girlfriend." Alex said, looking down at me with a smirk on his face. I roll my eyes playfully and look back at the small group ahead of us. Nick being the person he is says "Well then kiss if it's true!" and then karl oooo'd. I get out of Alex's grasp and rest my arms around his neck. He cups my face with one hand and we both go in for a soft kiss. We pulled away and I forgot they were there so I wrapped my arms around his torso while he rubbed my back. "yeah fuck this shit dude." i look over and see clay walk out of the house angry. he slams the door and jump a little. "wow, what happened here?" niki asked surprised. Then I hear footsteps coming from the stairs. I look over to see a very flustered george.  "Why are you red george?" Nick asked confused and a little suspicious. "I'll tell you later.'' This only raised Nick's suspicions. I can tell from the look on his face. "No george  tell me right now. Otherwise you won't tell me at all you always say you forgot." Nick said with a little sass. "Well uh- clay and i kissed, or yeah we kissed." i can tell they did more than kiss. knowing clay they had a makeout sesh. Nick looks a little pissed put not at the same time. Karl looks surprised overall and niki is fangirling. "Lets go?"  i hear alex say. i nod my head and we went upstairs to his room. he lays down on his bed and lay down on his stomach with my head resting on his chest.

3rd person pov

Alex was scrolling through twitter on his phone while he was rubbing y/n's back. He would plant small kisses on her head every once in a while comforting her. She felt safe in his arms but her thoughts would always go back to how dreams hurt her and how he can easily do that as well. she was scared of letting her guard down. But she does blame herself for the breakup. she wondered that if she gave him more attention and talked to him about their relationship things would be fine. right now y/n needed to be comforted and feel safe and Alex was there to help. y/n realized this and smiled to herself.

Dream on the other hand wasn't taking thing as well as y/n was after she hurt herself. clay throwing rocks at the small lake near his place and just being reckless. He was pissed. But instead of him talking to y/n he went to george. George would comfort him and tell him things would be ok until they weren't. Clay started to develop feelings for George and he acted on them tonight. He kissed George and that one kiss turned steamy. They made out and clay climbed on top of George while George wrapped his hand around his neck playing with his hair. Clay started to kiss his neck and heard soft moans come from the burnett. But the blond stopped himself telling George "Not tonight" and George understood. That's when he walked out and over heard Nick saying to prove something and then he saw y/n and quackity kissing. That kept replaying in his head and he hated the fact he hurt her and she hurt him. He hates that he pushed y/n away and explored his feelings for george. he hates that things have to be so complicated.

Nick was pissed at both y/n and clay. He didn't understand why they couldn't just talk to each other without arguing. He didn't understand why Clay had to catch feelings for George when he had his best friend's precious sister. He wanted to know what y/n did to make him push her away. he wanted to know what she did to ignore her. He also wants to know whats gotten into his sister. Why she moved on so fast with alex. And why Clay moved on so fast with george. The truth is y/n had started catching feelings for alex when clay was ignoring her. she just pushed them aside. Nick wondered about the amount of stress and hurting y/n and clay are going through right now. He wanted to be there for his best friend and sister. but he would have to choose. if he helped clay her sister would feel hurt but understand the same thing with clay. but he's afraid of losing both of them. so he did nothing.

Karl was supportive of y/n at any cost. He understands the pain she is going through because Karl was cheated on and had a lot of complications and y/n was there to help him the whole time. So the least he can do is be there for y/n he knows why Alex is good for her and he knew clay is good for her so they just had some misunderstandings and there was a lack of communication.

But one thing they all wondered and what distracted them from their problems was ' what are they going to do for vidcon'

A/n: nothing better than going into a deep story then out of nowhere something random! IJNXINWXN ALSO According to wattpad statistics only a small percentage of people who read our story actually vote, so if you enjoyed this chapter, please consider voting! It's free and you can always change your mind later! We hope you enjoyed!