VII

Sirius Black had never been the most punctual of the children of Walburga and Orion Black, the great  second cousins who wed willingly

Sirius Black had never been the most punctual of the children of Walburga and Orion Black, the great  second cousins who wed willingly. That lack of time management skills lead to where he is currently, making puppy eyes at his little sister whist under her terrifying glare because he was late to their scheduled time in the library for an assignment together for Astronomy on this fine sunday evening.

James beside for some reason she could not come to, also looked like a child being caught stealing. Sirius' lovely Remus John Lupin, on the other hand is lounging on a chair parallel to him letting the former heir Black suffer his currently not-so-sweet baby sister's wrath.

"I've been waiting for your incompetent arse for 30 minutes." She reprimands her Astrology partner on his lack of punctuality. "And James," She turned to her quite distant relative, "Why the Rowena do you look guilty?"

"You have the scary Black gene."

"I'm sorry,my favorite sister," Sirius gives her puppy eyes but doesn't work, it's usually the other way around and he craves in to whatever she wants. "Besides we're stars on an assignment about stars, we can finish this in 10 minutes with our eyes closed."

Truthfully Asterope wasn't all that vexed about her brother's lack of basic time management skills, though late 30 minutes whist their in the same building on the weekend is annoying— her mind is more on the discovery the day prior.

Ever since she came back to the castle, she had locked herself up in her quarters, being prefect does have its advantages.

The only other person she had an interaction with was Bartemius Crouch Jr., a fellow seventh year ravenclaw. Barty, as he prefers to be called, is someone she considers a friend of sort, they aren't the closest but the many late night conversations and rants with each other made the two have quite a valuable understanding of each other.

She knows that he's aware of what had taken place of the ball yesterday as he, like Regulus has the mark of her soulbond upon his arm. A permanent sight of being a follower of the Dark Lord.

"I'm your only sister, and that's not ho—" Asterope sighs at Sirius' confident expression "Idiot, I'm related to an idiot." She deepened.

He was wrong, it didn't take 10 minutes, it took almost two hours in the library, albeit a hefty amount of time was the Black heiress and the three marauders joking around and seemingly procrastinating their due assignments. 

This was the most enjoyable time she had spent in awhile. She smiles fondly preserving the moment knowing it isn't going to last as long as she would like.

On the another side of the library, the same fondness in a smile held on his lips. Looking at the onyx haired witch laugh like a normal teenager. Regulus Black missed the moments with just his siblings looking like that, happy. The occasional moments where they didn't have to be perfect little emotionless dolls.

But alas they're growing up, they've grown up. Aging is a curse upon Black siblings. Blood is thicker than water so they say. But to the Blacks, only the purest blood conquers all.

Blood is thicker then water, but pure blood is set in stone.

Toujours Pur.