"hmm, i'm guessing you're, like, super in love with me and wrote me the cutest of letters to cry over every night and now you're here to confess your undying love for me," san answers nonchalantly, as nothing more than a joke — a way to cope from getting disastrously stood up.

to wooyoung, however, san's words mean much more than just a sarcastic comment. for a second he ponders if the blond is messing with him, considering the accuracy of his guess, but the blank look on his face tells wooyoung otherwise.

"san, i..." wooyoung pauses, wondering how on earth he's meant to word what he's been wanting to tell the older. "you- you're aren't exactly wrong."

it takes a moment for san to register wooyoung's words, but when he does, his entire face burns up and his first instinct is to look away from the boy. wooyoung has already caught san's blushing state, though, and the sight surprises him, ultimately causing a shy smile to ghost his features.

"are you okay with me continuing?"

san can only nod his head, starting to fiddle with his fingers anxiously.

how the fuck is this actually happening?

a sigh escapes wooyoung's lips, as he turns his attention to the scenery in front of him. "there's a lot that i, um, want to say. but the last thing i want to do is bore you, so i'll try my best to make it as quick as possib—"

"no!" san mentally curses himself for how desperate he sounds. "i-i mean, you really don't have to worry about boring me. i'm willing to listen to everything you have to say. no matter how long it'll take."

"thank you, san," wooyoung replies softly. "well... first of all — just so that there's no confusion here — i-i'm bisexual. it took me a while... to come to terms with the fact that i'm not as straight as i always thought i was. but now, i'm as proud as i ever could be... still a little closeted, though..."

"and that's valid. you're valid. you don't owe anyone a coming out speech, wooyoung," san says before the younger can continue.

"thank you... again. i-i really needed to hear that."

"you're welcome." san smiles, content that things aren't going downhill like he initially assumed it would. but then again, it's wooyoung, the most perfect boy in the world; how could any of this go wrong? "you can go on with what you wanted to tell me, i didn't mean to interrupt you."

"mm, where was i?" wooyoung thinks to himself for a short moment. "we were talking about how i'm, like, a raging bi teen now, weren't we? yeah, so that's a thing, i guess... i think i should explain how i ended up losing my heterosexuality, it'd be nice to see you blush again~"

san's heart flips as if it's participating in a competition for the world olympics. "don't say things like that!" he whines, lightly punching wooyoung's shoulder with his fist.

the dark-haired boy chuckles, and reaches out to curl his fingers around san's, squeezing his hand for a split second before reluctantly letting go.

and san hasn't regretted anything more than not chasing after the warmth of wooyoung's hand around his own.

"tough luck, then, because the deed is done," wooyoung states, before letting his body fall backwards, now laying on the ground with his gaze on the blue sky above him. "it all started... four months ago, if i'm not mistaken. but honestly, i most likely am. anyways, i was in the cafeteria with yeosang- and talking about that asshole, he got the chance to speak to you before i did!"

san giggles in amusement at wooyoung's frustration, the younger bringing his eyes back to him at the sound. "oh my- even your laugh is pretty, how the fuck is this fair?!"