"Sweetheart!" I stood at attention, waiting for him like how he taught me too. "Oh my beautiful girl," he gushes as he descends down the stairs. I fight the urge to curl in on myself. I know what's coming. 'beautiful girl' was what he called me when he wanted to touch me.

His hand finds my face, cupping my cheek and rubbing his thumb over it. I felt the familiar burn of bile in my throat, but I swallowed it down. I forced a smile to appear on my face and he returns it. If I didn't know better I'd even go as far as to say he had kind eyes. But I did know better.

"Sweetheart, I need to run a few errands. I might be gone for a little longer than usual. But I promise I'll be back. My special girl." And like that he was gone.

I knew something was wrong when he didn't return for three days. He'd never been gone that long in the ten years he's had me. And I was starting to run low on the supplies he'd left me. I knew I wasn't going to survive more than a week after my last meal. Maybe less if I cant learn to control myself. It wasn't every day I had all of this food.

I also knew I needed to find a way out. I had a sick feeling he wasn't going to come back. And I know the first question is why I didn't try to break out earlier. But see, I had.

Twice.

The first time, I'd broken the window after stacking the boxes he kept down there. I ran for about a mile. He only caught me when I tried to seek help from someone in the area. He played it off like I was a runaway. He called himself my father. And those fuckers believed him.

He cleaned out the basement and put bars on the windows after that.

The second time I filed down the toothbrush and stabbed him. Four years after the first time. But I didn't even make it up the stairs. I got punished real bad for that one. I guess I deserved that though.

But I knew this time was different. I knew I needed to get out of here. I knew it was now or never.

I wrapped a glass bottle in my blanket, wrapping it up nicely as to not cut myself. I hit it against the wall, my spine tingling at the sound of the glass breaking. It felt almost wrong to be trying to escape again. I'd hardly survived the last one. But I knew I needed to get away. I wasn't going to die here. I promised I would get back to my family. To my sister.

I was careful as I rifled through the pieces to find the sharpest one. And once I got the door open, I ran. I ran until I saw the lights of the police station and right into the chest of Spencer Reid. I hadn't even known I was crying until his voice cut into my thoughts. It was kind, smooth and gravely. The hints of exhaustion seeping through his words.

"Woah! Hey, hey. Are you okay?" he asked me. I wanted to answer him. I swear I did. But the second his hand wrapped around my arm, it was like I was back in the basement all over again. My screech caused him to jump away from me. "O-okay. Okay. It's okay. You're safe. You're safe. I promise. My name is Dr. Spencer Reid. I'm a profiler with the FBI. See, look." He carefully reached into his pocket and pulled out a little book looking thing. His badge. I relaxed after seeing that.

"Good. Good. Okay, now, are you hurt?" I nodded. But I really didn't know if I was hurt. "Okay. Can you tell me your name?" I shook my head. My own captor didn't know my name. Spencer Reid looked at me with confusion. "O-okay? Do you need an officer?" But the answer revealed itself when the unthinkable happened.

His laugh rang out into the police station, bouncing off of the beige walls and cutting open my skin. "Well, well, well, if it isn't my special little girl." My eyes locked with his and I felt the chill run up my spine and wrap around my neck. "Tell these men I've never hurt anyone. Go on. Tell them how great I've treated you."