The car comes to a stop and I turn the engine off. 

"Alright you guys go ahead inside, I'll grab the bags and lock the car up."

I throw open the door and go to open the boot. 

_____________________________________________________________________

-8:14 P.M-

Location: Finn's Apartment

______________________________________________________________________

As I open the door to the apartment, I'm met with the smell of instant noodles. Lachlan motions to the bowl of noodles across from him on the tabletop. "It's not much but its dinner. Eat up."

I set the bags aside in the small living room and start to eat the noodles. He swallows his food before he talks again. "Oh, and Daniel went next door to get Harley from Daisy, such a sweet kid." Daisy, our next-door neighbor who's 17, takes Harley since she's homeschooled.

On que, Daniel walks in with Harley on a leash. I smile at him, "Just in time kid, we were about to eat your favorite. Noodles, grab a fork." He lets Harley roam free and takes a seat across from Lachlan. 

With small chatter filling in the silence, I take a look at my phone which was constantly buzzing for the past couple minutes. 

Maybe: Nick

8:16 PM

Finn 

Finn 

FINNNNNN

FINNNN ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE

You know maybe if you asked politely, I would answer you Nick

But since you didn't ask nicely, I guess our call will have to wait until tomorrow

NOO WAIT IM SORRY LET ME TRY AGAIN PLEASE

Oh Lord Finn I put in a request for one phone call with you my lord, oh please answer my text messages 

Well now I'll consider it, thank you peasant

I couldn't stop laughing at the stupid text that Nick sent me. For a second, I thought that I was going to die from laughter.  

finn

Finn

FINN 

I JUST WANT TO CALL YOUUU ANSWER THE DAMN TEXT MESSAGES

I should probably stop messing with him now, so I click his number, make a contact and press the call button. Not even a second later, the call is answered. 

"Oh Lord Finn thank you for gracing me with your presence" 

A small chuckle leaves my mouth at the exaggerated title of my name. 

"Y'know, I'm not a Lord just yet. Although you can buy a small piece of land in Ireland for 30 dollars. I might just go for it. Then I'd really be a Lord."

We talked for what seemed hours before I realized that I have a kid and dog to tend to before I even thought about going to sleep. I tell him to hold on for a second while I gather Harley and tell Daniel to get to bed soon. Lachlan was already dead asleep in his room when I went to check in on him.

Once everyone is settled and Harley finds his spot on my bed, I resume my phone call with Nick. We talk for a couple more hours before realizing how late it was getting and how loud I was getting. I bid him a goodnight before disconnecting the 3-hour phone call. 

Only knowing him for a couple hours but I know he's going to change my life for the best.