Su Rui: Heh Heh

Can't we have a good chat today?

She didn't know whether he disliked her or not. But it's true that the blind date has failed.

"It can't be true right? Was I right?" Tang Xiao asked nervously when she found that there was no response from Su Rui after a while.

"You think too much." Su Rui said, and added, "I was the one who disliked him."

"Heh Heh, alright. I was just curious, who is the one you dislike."

"It's not important." Su Rui said briefly.

"Then your mother did not arrange another blind date for you?"

"It's..." impossible that she won't arrange a blind date for me.

Even though Su Rui explained to Mother Su that day that they shouldn't consider the aspect of blind dates for the time being.

But, Madam Liu Yue seemed to be enthusiastic about her daughter's marriage ever since she attended several sisters'[3] gatherings.

Every day, she devoted herself to letting Su Rui know which girls got married, how happy they were after their marriage, and which sons of the family are exceptionally talented.

Even though, looking back, Su Rui felt a little regret with the Gu Yu Cheng situation but Su Rui can't be using the reason of "my love wound hasn't been healed" to refuse the blind dates arranged by her mother.

So, during this time, Su Rui made herself as busy as a mechanical bearing. Other than being really busy half of the time, she also hopes to let Mother Su put an end to the idea of arranging a blind date for her.

[1] 口红包(kǒu hóng bāo)- When it's translated literally it would mean Lipstick Bag. It's one of the trendy items in China. I may not be correct but from my understanding, it refers to very tiny/mini bags and some have remodelled their branded makeup bags into a sling bag and it would be called Lipstick bag. Thus, I think it refers to mini cross body bags.

[2] 本小姐(běn xiǎojie)- she was referring to herself in third person point of view.

[3] The sisters here aren't referring to siblings but Madam Liu Yue's close friends.

"By the way," Tang Xiao seemed to have a bright idea as she thought of something and said half-jokingly. "You have to go on a blind date anyways. Why don't you consider my family, my older brother..."

As Tang Xiao was saying halfway, Su Rui was interrupted by a cell phone vibration.

"Hold on. I think there's a phone call."

Su Rui was also puzzled.

After coming to this world, she has only known a few people. Who would be calling her at this time?

At this time, comrade Lao Su should be instructing at the company and Mother Su was probably busy "PK-ing,[1]" with her old sisters. How could they have the time to call her?

"
"
Calls related to investments and finance? Calls from the real estate agents or to sell insurance?

Su Rui removed the phone from her ears.

[Chairman Gu]

Gu Yu Cheng?

The moment she saw the call notification on her phone, Su Rui almost thought she was hallucinating.

After returning from the Gu company, Su Rui initially wanted to block Gu Yu Cheng's number. But she thought that this would be quite unreasonable.

It's only a misunderstanding....