"Yes, you are allowed to make mistakes." Weston commented, noticing the uncertain look on my face. "But don't repeat those mistakes, don't break our trust, and don't disrespect us."

"I won't." I murmured. "I promise."

"Good." He nodded his head. "I need you to tell me, us, if there's something, anything, bothering you."

"I will."

"And if you leave the house..." He started with a low voice. "You will tell us where you are going, am I clear?"

"Yes."

After making sure that I really understood him, Weston stood up without saying another word.

He was already by the doorway when he suddenly stopped walking. He just stood there for awhile without taking a step forward or backwards, he didn't even turn around. There the oldest Miller brother stood like he was lost, which he never was. He stood there like he didn't know where to go, what to say or what to do. He was completely lost in whatever his thoughts were.

Or that's what I thought before he turned around.
"And Delilah..."

"Yeah?" I furrowed my eyebrows with a skeptical look on my eyes.

"I didn't get my famous hug yet..."

"What?"

"You promised when you left."

"What?"

He opened his arms.
"Come here."

That's when I saw it again.

The same softness in his eyes. I saw the person who had put me to sleep every single night, who had calmed me down after a nightmare, who had blown raspberries on my tummy, who had given me so many kisses around my face that I had almost died on my giggles. Westie, not Weston, Westie. He was there; the eyes, the care, the warmness on his face again.

He wasn't a cold intimidating person anymore; he was just my oldest brother, he was just the knight and shiny armor.

That's when I cried.

I jumped up from the couch and ran to him. I ran to him so fast that I didn't even realize how much force I used to almost tackle him down. He caught me, just with one arm. He didn't even flinch, he didn't even sway back; he caught me. He caught me and wrapped his own arms around me, around my crying self.
"I missed you so much."

I nodded my head as my tears flowed against his shirt.
"I missed you too."

"I know." He whispered. "I know."

We stayed like that for a while, in complete silence without any intention of pulling away from the hug.

That brother really did give the best hugs.

Warm and safe, and away from all the possible strangers in the outside world. Away from every possible thing that could hurt me, make me vulnerable. It really was a famous hug.

"I'm sorry." He pulled away from the hug and placed his hands on my cheeks. "I promised you, and I couldn't do anything, I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry, sweetheart."