The Problem With Clogs...

This is my Day 1 submission for Maylor Week.    

Note - this is a platonic Maylor story.  No romantic involvement between Brian and Roger.  

PLEASE WATCH THE ABOVE VIDEO BEFORE READING THE STORY.

Roger woke and felt like the day held promise. He had slept well and his usual aches and pains weren't too troublesome that morning. After a lovely breakfast with Sarina he found his phone and headed into his office to attend to some business. There were several notifications and he scrolled through them as he got settled in his comfortable leather desk chair. One notification caught his eye and he pressed the notice to open the link. It was a new post from Brian. It appeared to have been sent in the middle of the night.

"Does that man ever sleep?" Roger grumbled out loud as he looked over the new update and found what appeared to be a video. He was first struck by his bandmate wearing a large double breasted coat and a panama hat. Roger thought he looked a bit dapper and grinned as the video began to play.

"What's he up to now?" he asked as he watched.

To his surprise he realized the video was a clip of Brian taping a new promo for his album reissue. He watched as his friend was challenged by Sally, Brian's personal assistant, to perform a little Riverdance. His earlier delight in his friend's antics quickly turned to horror as he discovered something in the video he had not seen in ages. It was something he had hoped would never see the light of day again.

"Oh my god!" Roger cried out as he stricken at watching those dreaded wooden shoes make that too familiar clopping sound on the tiled floor of the old theater Brian was standing in. "No!" he shouted as those white clogs shuffled away on Brian's happy feet.

Roger dropped the phone and groaned in disbelief. He had thought that with Brian going vegan he would have thrown out his remaining stock of these leather and wood shoes. Apparently not! He picked his phone back up and went straight to his text feature and found the desired party and began typing.

"Have you seen Brian's new post today?" he typed and pressed send and waited. Roger tapped his fingers against the desktop as he saw his note was read. A response popped up.

"No"

Roger quickly typed a reply. Needing Deacy to go see what he was referencing.

"Go have a look!" he typed and hit send. He knew it would take a minute and he imagined the horror on his former bandmates face as he watched the video clip. A new text appeared.

"The clogs! Shit! the reply said and Roger made a satisfied sound as he typed on his phone.

"Yes! Those fucking clogs! Same bloody shoes for almost 40 years! Why did he bring them back?" he typed and hit send. Needing his friend to explain why this misery had returned.

"To stamp out your soul" came the reply. Roger glared at his phone and then stuck his finger out at it before typing.

"Fuck you Deacy!" he input and hit send and then tossed his phone across the desk.

Meanwhile....

Brian was practically smug as he dressed after his shower and wore a confident smile. He had done his morning exercise regimen and cleaned up and had found the response to his video clip posting was enthusiastic and positive. He carried his phone into the kitchen and found Anita reading the newspaper over her cup of tea.

"Exercise go well this morning?" Anita inquired as her husband took a seat at the large table.

"It did!" Brian confirmed and gestured at his phone. "The response to my little dance video has gone over well also..." he advised as he resumed scrolling through the comments.

"That porridge will go over well if you hurry and eat it before it goes cold..." Anita quipped and pointed at the bowl in front of him. Wanting Brian to focus on eating instead of his social media. Brian nodded and tossed some blueberries on his hot cereal and began to eat while he checked his updates.

He was halfway through his breakfast when he opened his email and found a new one from an old friend. Brian instantly smiled as he looked up at Anita.

"Oh! I've got an email from Deacy!" Brian proclaimed as he opened the email. Excited to read what it said. Anita appeared curious as she folded her newspaper.

"What does it say?" she asked as Brian began to read the message. His smile disappeared and Anita noted the frown forming on his face.

"He says he saw my new post and he's hired a plumber to come over right away..." Brian advised and Anita was confused.

"What do you need a plumber for?" she asked. He gave her an annoyed look.

"It's to get rid of the problem with my clogs..."