Chapter 1: Loss of a family

Start from the beginning

      Jolting up in bed I looked around wondering where the noise was coming from. There it was again, a scream and not a normal scream. It was a scream filled with pain, agony and sorrow. That's when my heart dropped, the only ones close enough for me to be able to hear them screaming were the Kamados. Grabbing one of the swords that my father had forged before he died, I raced down the hill not caring that I was still in my sleeping kimono and nothing else. When I got to the house, I saw a man standing above Nezuko who was covering Rokuta and there was blood all over the ground.
      "Get away from them!" I screamed as I charged the man with my sword, but he dodged out of the way like it was nothing.
      "H-H-Hikaru" whispered Nezuko before she passed out, making me turn to the man.
      "What the fuck do you think that you are doing! Answer me!" I yelled pointing my blade at him, but he just narrowed his red eyes at me. That's when I realized that this man, he was no normal man. He had an aura around him that was filled with anger, hatred, bloodlust, fury and something I couldn't put my finger on, it made me want to heave but I held back, Nezuko was alive, so I had to make sure that this man didn't go anywhere near her.
      "Another bug" The man said before he appeared before me, making me stumble back a little. Gaining my footing again I ground my teeth together and swung the sword down as hard as I could, but the man just dodged out of the way and grabbed a hold of my hair and ripped my head backwards making me scream out. I couldn't let the pain stop me though seeing as the people that I saw as a family needed me. Clenching my hands around the blade I swung the blade cutting straight through my hair and towards the man that didn't even try to dodge this time. He didn't need to dodge either since as soon as my blade made contact with his chest the blade shattered sending the pieces flying back at me making me cry out as most of them leaving large cuts all over my face.
      "Trash" The man said, picking me up by the neck, making me struggle against his hold and grab onto his hand. The man scowled and before I knew what had happened, I was slamming into a nearby tree and crying out as I felt one of my ribs break. Even though I pushed myself up with the help of the tree, I had to help Nezuko. I couldn't let this monster get away.
      "You're an Akatsuki," He snarled before walking over. Suddenly I was coughing up a mouthful of blood and there was a large gash from my left shoulder to my right hip. Dropping to the ground I gasped knowing that if I didn't do anything then I would die but there was nothing I could do. My vision was getting blurry from the blood that I was losing, and I could only watch the man disappear from my sight, the man that had no weapon, how had he made the large gash on my chest that was killing me? That's when it hit me, he was not a normal man at all.
      "Demon" I whispered to no one. Somehow, I managed to roll myself over onto my stomach so that I could stop some of the bleeding before I reached up to my sleeves. If I didn't try and stop the bleeding, then I wouldn't be moving from this patch of snow so with what little strength I had I crawled to the hilt of the sword I had dropped and grabbed it. I used it to cut up the top half of my kimono into bandages and wrapped my chest and one of the main cuts on my face. They weren't the best, but they would have to do it for now, until.... Until what? I could barely move anymore from the pain and with how cold I was I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with frostbite. Cursing in my head I felt my eyes starting to droop and I could no longer hold back the sleep that wanted to claim me. Making one more try I tried to move my arms and legs towards Nezuko but nothing happened making me whimper before everything went black.

      "UWAAA!" I heard screams and I cracked my tired eyes open, and I was Tanjiro crouched near Nezuko and Rokuta. I wanted to yell out to him and tell him not to look, to turn away from the house before it was too late but all that came out was a puff of air.
      "What is.... How did this happen?! What happened...." Tanjiro asked trailing off as he looked into the house and saw what I didn't want him to see.
      "Mother, Hanako, Takeo, Shigeru, Nezuko, Rokuta and even Hikaru, who would do this?!" Tanjiro screamed out before he seemed to check all of the bodies for pulses that I knew that he wouldn't find except for Nezuko, I could still see a bit of her aura around her.
      "Don't worry Nezuko, big brother is going to get you help" Tanjiro said, picking Nezuko up before hurrying over to me.
      "Hikaru, you're alive," Tanjiro cried out upon seeing me awake.
      "-Iro....Tan..." I tried but I still didn't have the strength to even say his name. I had lost a lot of blood and I was freezing as well as trying to control my breathing to stop most of the blood flow.
      'Don't worry I will get both of you to safety,' Tanjiro promised before managing to pick me up like a bride while also having Nezuko on his back. It surprises me at his strength he began to run down the mountain, more than likely trying to get us to a doctor and I couldn't help but hope that he makes it, if not for our sakes for his own sake since I knew that Tanjiro wouldn't be able to bare losing all of his family. Luckily for me before he left, he had grabbed an extra haori and threw it over my shoulders and with what little strength I had I clutched it to me trying to stop the shivers that were over taking my body.
      "Gahh!" Nezuko let out a sound that sounded like a growl and I heard Tanjiro grunt before I felt that we were falling since my eyes were closed again. Luckily for us there was a deep layer of snow on the ground that we fell so I didn't get injured any more than I already was, and Tanjiro didn't get injured.
      "Nezuko! Hikaru!" Tanjiro yelled before he spotted me as I managed to push myself up so I was sitting against a tree, but I couldn't do any more than that as I panted heavily.
      "I'll be right back, Nezuko, are you okay? You don't have to walk; I can carry both you and Hikaru to the village" Tanjiro explained but I could tell something was wrong. Nezuko's aura was all wrong; it had a deep red, nearly black just like that man last night, Nezuko had somehow become a demon. I wanted to open my mouth to yell at Tanjiro, but I didn't get the chance before Nezuko growled once again and tackled him down, making my heart throb. Nezuko would never hurt Tanjiro no matter what happened, but her aura had a tinge of starvation, she was starving and that was why she was attacking Tanjiro, she didn't mean it. She would never willingly eat a human; she was being driven by her instincts, so it was lucky that Tanjiro used the handle of the hatchet he had picked up to stop her from biting him. I watched slightly amazed as her body grew to that of an adult and I realized I had to do something so I started to try and crawl my way towards them, hoping that I would be able to stop Nezuko from doing something that she would regret.
      "Nezuko! Hang in there! Don't give in! You gotta hang in there, don't turn into a demon! You gotta stay strong, hang in there, hang in there!" Tanjiro screamed and I saw tears dripping down Nezuko's face making me tear up as well. Which was a bad idea seeing as it stung the cuts on my face. Suddenly I saw a glint out of the corner of my eyes, and I saw a man jumping through the air with a sword in his hand.
      "Look...Look out!" I yelled out with all the strength I had, and Tanjiro noticed the man swinging Nezuko around so that his hair was cut off instead of Nezuko's head being cut off. His swing was powerful enough to make snow fly up and Nezuko and Tanjiro slammed into a tree while I got covered in more snow making shivers break out all over my body again from how cold it was, all I had on was a battered bottom of my kimono held up by the sash around my hips and a loose haori.