"THERES A BALL!" Lee screamed from across the hall, earning a 'be quiet Mr. Jordan" from Gryffindors head of house. He skirted across the floor, nearly falling into Hermione who glared in his direction. I stifled a laugh, as she quickly went back to stirring her cereal.

"What are you going on about, mate?" Fred asked, glancing between the others at the table.

"It was just posted, outside the hall. The Yule Ball, it's on Christmas Eve." He huffed, catching his breath.

"A ball? How wonderful! Oh Sabrina we'll have to go into hogsmeade and buy dresses! This is so exciting!" Angelina exclaimed, as I watched her eyes light up with excitement.

"Of course, I'd love to go with you." I answered, smiling up at her from my pancakes.

I felt a nudge at my robes, to which I turned and saw Hermione's shy expression.

"Would you mind... if I...?"

"Of course you can come!" I exclaimed, Angelina nodded enthusiastically from across the way. "We'll make it a girls day!" She added, already beginning to plan everything out.

"A ball?!" Ron groaned, slamming his head against the table.

"We have bigger problems than that, Ronald. Look at this! I can't believe she's done it again. Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow. How vile that woman is!" Hermione exclaimed, as I reached to read the paper myself. I sent Hermione a knowing look, as we had been spending quite some time in the library for a certain someone. She blushed and rolled her eyes at me.

A young Gryffindor student walked up to Ron, carrying a package for him.

"Parcel for you Mr Weasley." I choked on my water, silently laughing into the cup. George looked down at me, his eyebrows raised in confusion as to my sudden change in demeanor. I pointed towards the interaction between Ron, and whom I now had gathered was Nigel.

"Thank you Nigel." Ron said, but instead of leaving Nigel continued to glance dreamily in the direction of Harry. Ron rolled his eyes.

"Not now Nigel, go on." He shooed, making George snort into his drink.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph." He quickly changed the subject. "Oh, Mums sent me something. She sent me a dress?" Ron pulled out, what appeared to be, a long, maroon velvet dress. It had a moldy-looking lace frill at the collar and matching lace cuffs. Ron's face looked disgusted, as he quickly went to give the robes to Ginny.

"Ginny, these must be for you." Ginny's face matched her brothers and shoved them back across the dining room table.

"I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly." From next to me, Hermione began laughing. I turned to Hermione, whispering in her ear that they were, in fact, dress robes for Ron.

"What are you on about?"

"They're not for Ginny, they're for you!"

All classes, the following day, were ended a half an hour early in order to allow each house to meet. Being as I, the only student ever, had a choice between any house, decided to make my way into the great hall when the Gryffindors would meet. I walked down the hallway, a bounce in my step as I was extremely excited to go to these dance lessons. Any time I got to spend with George was always treasured to me, and I was ultimately hoping to hint to the idea of being asked in a romantic way.

From my peripheral, I noticed someone coming down the hallway to my left. I didn't think much of it, as I wasn't really paying attention towards where the other houses were going. Suddenly, my foot caught another's and I tumbled out onto the floor.