Chapter 5

Uncovering Xander

Chapter Five

_____________________________________________________________________________ 

The next morning I woke up to the sounds of someone bashing repeatedly on my door, like they were trying to break it down or something. Remembering the night before and how it took the boys almost an hour to give up on me opening the door I rolled over to face said door. I groaned when I looked at my alarm clock, it was only eight thirty on a Sunday morning, either the boys were really desperate to interrogate me or they were on something.

"Go away," I shouted, I was really not in the mood this early in the morning to deal with those two.

"Get up! I need help with this stupid Trig homework, it's doing my head in!" I heard a muffled female's voice reply.

"April, have you seen what time it is?" I yelled back. "Its too early to do anything, especially Trig, come back in a couple of hours."

"Get up, Tara, or I will get Johnny to unhinge this door!" April threatened.

I groaned again, I knew she wasn't kidding. I yawned and stretched and then I climbed out of bed. I stumbled over to my door and unlocked it then I crawled back into my bed pulling the covers up over my head.

"Tara! Get out of bed," my best friend sighed giving my arm a good yank to try and force a response. I ignored her and pretended to be asleep, I imagined in my mind the events of the night before and how much fun Leon and I had had. "Tara." She used her warning voice. I still ignored her however, it was too early, I was too tired and I really didn't want to be thinking about Trigonometry when I could be filling her in on all the juicy details of my date last night.

"Fine, you have left me now choice," April said and I heard her turn and stomp her feet all the way out of my room and down the hall. "Johnny! Get her out of bed!"

I rolled my eyes, if Johnny was out of bed, then he was definitely on something. I heard a muffled reply and then April huffing in annoyance. "What do you mean it's too early? It's eight thirty!"

I heard another reply that I didn't catch and I could picture April's face becoming more and more aggravated, I smiled to myself and I heard her come back down the hall and into my room.

"Tara please?" April pleaded.

"Go watch T.V for a couple hours," I suggested, not remembering that April hates televisions in my drowsiness.

"Tara, you really are tired," April acknowledged.

"Go read a book or something then," I responded. "And let me sleep, its freaking early."

April trooped off muttering something about lazy people and stupid televisions and something about best friends. I didn't pay much attention, I just rolled over and went back to sleep, blissfully being encompassed by dreams almost immediately. In my dreams I was re-living my date with Leon but every time I looked at his face it morphed into Xander's. When I woke, I wasn't sure what to make of it.

I looked up at my alarm clock to see that it was ten o'clock that was an almost reasonable time to get up so I rolled out of bed and trudged into the shower. I pulled on a pair of footy shorts and an oversized T-shirt that I think used to be one of the guys'. I went downstairs and found April sitting on the couch curled up with a blanket reading a book with Johnny at the opposite end watching cartoons, I heard some banging in the kitchen and I went to investigate.

I saw Xander surrounded by flour, eggs, bowls and two fry pans with huge masses of a bubbly white and blue mess in each.

"What are you doing?" I asked cautiously.