𝐗𝐕.

CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

Wicked Grisha

     The entrance to the White Island was both beautiful and scary. The glass bridge made everyone look like they were walking on nothing at all, except for when it reflected off the blue flames of the lanterns held up proudly on its spires. Brynn stayed close to Nina the entire way.

"What was that?"

Brynn swiveled her head to stare at Nina. "What?"

"'Do you want to see me when I'm hot?'" she repeated. "Where did you learn to flirt?"

"I... haven't?" It was more of a question than an answer.

Nina frowned. "You've never flirted before?"

"I've never needed to."

The girl meant to look like a Kaelish wove through the crowds, pulling Brynn along with her. Her gown looked absolutely ridiculous, but it didn't seem to bother Nina very much as her eyes darted around before pulling Brynn closer.

"Alright, I'm going to give you a quick lesson on flirting," she said. "Now, everything you say and do while you flirt all depends on the kind of man you're flirting with."

"There are more than one kind of man?"

"Yes. It might not seem like it, but they're not all idiots and not all of them are in love with their money," Nina whispered with a small grin. "But for right now, let's just assume that all the men at the party are alpha males."

Brynn nodded. "Naturally."

"Alpha males are both the easiest and hardest to flirt with for two reasons," continued Nina. "One: they like power. And two: they already think they know what they want."

"Think?" asked Brynn.

"That's where we come in. We have to show them that what they think they want is actually not what they want. But remember: our mission isn't to get into bed with these men. It's to find out where they're keeping Bo Yul-Bayur."

"So find someone who has enough power that knows where they're keeping Yul-Bayur, who is also tipsy enough to tell us without thinking twice." She let out a breath. "This is going to be a lot harder than I thought."

Nina laughed. "It's not that hard. Just act like an innocent girl looking for a little fun." She winked at Brynn. "That always gets them."

"Hopefully it doesn't get them too much," muttered Brynn.

Nina put her hand on the girl's shoulder, keeping up with the buzzing crowd. "Don't worry. Besides, I'm sure you won't have to do much work. I'll find the information we need before you even get the chance to trip over your feet."