You shifted uncomfortably under his gaze, and he smirked.

You glanced at Armin in light blue swim trunks, and noticed a light blush on his cheeks after seeing Annie. You smiled to yourself. His crush was so obvious.

"Um, the others are already out there. Let's go." Armin says, walking to open the sliding door.

You go to follow him towards the front door, and feel a hand wrap around your waist, stopping you.

"You look good." Eren mutters softly in your ear, before releasing you and walking outside like nothing happened.

His comment makes your breath hitch, and you take a deep breath to try to hide your embarrassment.

Jean is standing on the deck, and he turns to look at you as you walk out. You notice him quickly look down at the floor after.

You smile to yourself again at his attempt to be respectful.

Eren would never.

"Come on guys!" Sasha calls from the water. She's on Connie's shoulders, waving her hands in the air.

You walk down the deck stairs and towards the pier. As you peer into the water below, you realize it's not clear at all. This makes you kind of unsettled. Not knowing what's around you in the water freaked you out.

"What, you scared?" Eren asks, walking up beside you.

"You don't know what could be in there."

"Guess we'll find out."

Eren puts his head under one of your arms and grabs the back of your thigh to hoist you over his shoulder. You gasp in panic. "Wait, not yet!"

As usual, he doesn't listen, and starts running towards the edge.

"Plug your nose!" He shouts, jumping off the end of the pier. You do, and you feel yourself submerge into the cold water. He releases his grip on you and you come up to the surface to breathe.

You wipe your eyes and see Eren laughing a few feet away. You splash him. "You're an asshole."

The part where Eren jumped wasn't very deep, and you could stand. You shiver as you stand on the shallow bank. Despite the warm weather, the water was freezing. Eren notices and swims towards you. He pulls you closer to him. So close that your chests are pressed together.

"You cold?" He smirks, his other hand pulling your thigh around his waist.

"I'm fine." You say, trying to avoid eye contact with him. You hated the way he made you so nervous. No matter how many times you've hooked up in the past, it never went away.

You were right at the edge of the pier, out of sight from the others atop of it.

Thank god, you thought.

You could feel his bulge against you and his hand moved from your thigh to your ass, attempting to pull you closer if possible.

He took his other hand to your chin, forcing you to look at him. "Want me to warm you up?"

Your eyes instinctively shifted to his lips, as your faces were inches apart. Eren started to attempt to close the gap between you, when Jean's voice cried out,

"Cannon ball!"

A wave of the freezing water crashed over your head and you quickly pulled away from Eren, wiping your face.

"Damn it, Jean." Eren placed both his hands on Jean's shoulders and attempted to push him under. Jean fought well, but lost and sunk down into the water. He shortly popped back up, wrestling Eren.

You watched them fight like little boys. Splashing each other and throwing insults. It wasn't uncommon behavior for the two. But one thing stuck out to you.

Eren was smiling.

Not a smirk, a smile.

A real genuine smile. He was enjoying himself. With Jean, of all people. You smile to yourself.

His green eyes glance up at you, and your eyes meet. His smile turns softer as he looks at you.

This makes your stomach do flips.

I wish he'd smile at me like this forever.

Realization of what you just thought hit you, and your smile faltered a bit.

Oh god.

-

"So you like him?" Annie asks, concentrating on lining her pool stick with the ball.

"Annie! Don't be so loud." You whisper harshly. You two were in the game room, playing a game of pool while the others were in the kitchen and living room.

"Sorry. But, do you?"

You sigh. "I don't know. God, I hope not."

"Why?" she misses her shot and huffs in frustration.

"What do you mean why? He's an asshole and he wants to fuck anything he lays eyes on. I mean, how could I trust that he would be good to me?"

As you say this, you realize you're trying to convince yourself. Convince yourself that you don't have any feelings for him.

"Y/n," she stops playing to look at you. "i've seen the way he is around you."

You don't say anything for a minute. "What do you mean?"

"He doesn't have his guard up around you like he does with the others. He genuinely seems content when he's around you. And, if he really only wanted to fuck you, don't you think he would've dropped you by now?"

She had a point. If he had just wanted to get in your pants, he would have ghosted you long ago.

You drum your fingers against the edge of the pool table.  "I thought you didn't like Eren."

She shrugs. "I didn't, but I don't mind the person he's becoming."

You sigh again and rub your head. "I don't know. I hate feelings."

She nods. "I'm with you on that."

"But anyways, what's up with you and Armin?" You ask in a seductive tone, nudging her. She rolls her eyes. "Wouldn't you like to know."

"Come onnn, have you guys done anything?"

She sighs. "Only once, but-"

"Wait, really?!" You grin. "I didn't expect you to say yes! How was it? Do you like him?"

She tried to play it off but you could see the color rise in her cheeks. "Enough."

"Fine. I'm gonna get us some more drinks." You say, grabbing your empty seltzer cans and walking towards the kitchen. You see Connie and Sasha on the couch, throwing popcorn at eachother while Armin tries to stay out of the line of fire.

As you enter the kitchen, you notice the glass sliding door was open. You can hear voices talking outside. You set the cans on the counter and open the fridge for more. As you're grabbing some, you couldn't help but eavesdrop.

"I'm sorry to spring this on you..." Mikasa's voice.

"No, it's totally fine, Mikasa. Don't worry about it, really."

And, Jean?

"Thank you, you're the best. She'll probably get here tomorrow afternoon."

She?

"Sounds good. Can't want to meet her. I'm sure Mina is great"

-