Chapter 9: Going Home

Start from the beginning

"I've been wanting to do that for so long." Edmund admits.

Before either one of them could say anything again, Edmund's sword clashes against a Telmarine's. Once he was done, Y/n grabs him by the back of the neck, their lips meeting once again, moving in sync. Edmund places one hand on her waist, the other still holding his sword. Once they pull away, they lean their foreheads against one another's.

"Me, too." Y/n replies, their lips brushing against one another's.

Hearing more footsteps coming towards them, the best... friend? now continuing fighting, dispersing slightly. As she fought, all of a sudden, Y/n turns around, e/c eyes widening in excitement once she sees the trees moving around, attacking the Telmarine soldiers. Peter, Susan, Caspian, Edmund and Y/n all met halfway with other Narnians, watching as a tree breaks through the ground, breaking one of the cannonballs.

"For Aslan!" Peter yells.

All the Narnians cheer as they run forward with the kings and queens. They followed the Telmarines before coming to a stop in front of a river, the other army doing the same in front of them. Across the bridge, stood Lucy, Aslan walking up beside her. The Telmarines began riding towards them, either riding through the river or across the bridge.

Aslan let's out a deep and loud roar, causing them to stop, glancing to their right, seeing part of the river water coming straight towards them. Suddenly, it becomes a giant man, all made of water. The soldiers quickly jump into the river on the other side, right before the man breaks the bridge. Eventually, the man disappears, turning back into the river again. Peter, Caspian, Edmund, Y/n and Susan make their way through the river, stopping right in front of Lucy and Aslan. The father and daughter meet eyes, a smile growing onto Y/n's face more before they all kneel down.

"Rise, kings and queens of Narnia." Aslan orders, Peter, Edmund, Y/n and Susan obeying. All except Caspian. "All of you."

All of them look down at Caspian, who looks at Aslan before looking back down at the ground below him.

"I do not think I am ready." Caspian admits.

"It's for that very reason I know you are." Aslan replies.

Slowly, Caspian rises to his feet before they suddenly look behind them, seeing a few mice carrying an injured Reepicheep. Lucy jogs to his side once they placed him down, opening her cordial and placing a drop in his mouth. Reepicheep breathlessly wakes up, glancing at Lucy while doing so.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. Thank you." Reepicheep speaks up, then seeing Aslan. "Oh! Hail, Aslan! It is a great honor to be in..."

Reepicheep stops himself when he stumbles forward, then seeing his tail was gone. With embarrassment, he tries to cover it, glancing around.

"I am completely out of countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion. Perhaps a drop more?" Reepicheep asks hopefully.

"I don't think it does that." Lucy tells him.

"You could have a go." Reepicheep tries again.

Aslan let's out a chuckle. "It becomes you well, small one."

"All the same, great king, I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse." Reepicheep states, holding his sword out.

"Perhaps you think too much of your honor, friend." Aslan observes.

"Well, it's not just the honor. It's also great for balance. And climbing. And grabbing things." Reepicheep lists, stammering slightly.

"May it please Your High Majesty, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honor denied to our chief." Another mouse explains, him and the others holding their swords and tails up.