Chapter 9: Going Home

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

Peter, Edmund and Y/n held their swords in their hands as they ran to the edge of the platform, watching as Miraz's men make their way back to their side where the Telmarine army stood. After a couple seconds, cannonballs arm immediately being thrown the Narnians way. And with that, the Telmarine's begin making their way towards them, swords raised up high as they rode on their horses.

Standing above the How, Susan gets all the archers, including herself, ready, grabbing arrows from their quivers and putting them in their bows. Glancing over his shoulder, Peter gives Caspian a look, to which the prince and a centaur begin riding their way inside the How and to the rest of their army.

For only him, Edmund and Y/n to hear, Peter begins counting as cannonballs continuing being thrown their way, causing the ground to rumble every couple seconds, all while they watch the Telmarines getting closer and closer. All the archers from on top of the How, raise their bow and arrows up high, holding it back as they were ready to shoot.

"Get ready!" Peter shouts when he finishes counting.

Suddenly, the ground breaks beneath the Telmarines, making them all fall, letting out shouts and cries as their horses landed on the ground. After that, Susan and the archers release their arrows, hitting almost all the Telmarine soldiers inside the big hole in the ground. The Narnians begin making their way towards the Telmarines, Edmund quickly hopping on a horse while doing so.

Peter and Y/n exchanged a glance before joining in, dispersing as they began fighting Telmarine soldiers they met halfway. Fighting one, she kicks the soldier back in the hole, making him let out a loud groan before she turns around, letting out a deep roar as her swords meet with a Telmarine's. 

Quickly kicking a man away, she looks over to the other army, seeing the Telmarines slowly making their way over before she looks up at the sky, seeing gryphons flying above them, archers in their grips. She tears her eyes away, continuing to fight once she saw a gryphon collapse to the ground.

"Back to the How!" Peter instructs loudly to the Narnian army.

Y/n quickly does as told, along with the rest of the army, all of them running straight towards the How. However, the Telmarines stop them by throwing their cannonballs, blocking their entrance back inside. Y/n looks up at the archers, seeing Susan suddenly falling, but Trumpkin was quick enough to catch her before she lands on a rock below her. Y/n meets Susan halfway as they meet up with Peter, Edmund and Caspian, all of them holding their weapons as they faced the Telmarines.

Instantly, the five began running forward, meeting Telmarine soldiers halfway as they begin fighting again. Y/n clashes her sword against many other swords, kicking the Telmarines away from her as she knocks them to the ground. Glancing to her left, she sees Reepicheep struggling slightly. Running up behind the the Telmarine, attacking him before he was sent to the ground. Y/n looks at the mouse, giving him a little smile, to which she gets a fond one back before they continue fighting.

As she continued fighting, Y/n found herself being right beside Edmund, both best friends fighting beside one another. Seeing a Telmarine behind her, Edmund quickly moves Y/n out of the way just as she sees one coming up behind him, both quickly attacking the Telmarine soldiers before they found themselves facing each other. The two held eye contact as they stood there, somewhat awkwardly.

Not wasting a second, Edmund leans forward, crashing his lips onto hers, slightly surprising the girl. Y/n jumps slightly but kisses back in the end. The kiss only lasted for about two or three seconds before Edmund pulled away, his brown eyes staring into her e/c ones again, a cheeky smile on his lips.