[grilled cheesus]

Start from the beginning

When we got the hospital, the entire time we were waiting for news, I kept walking back and fourth until Mr. Shue had to just calm down and sit down.
A few minutes later the doctor had finally came.

'Where is he? Is he dead?' Kurt worryingly asked.

'No, he's alive, but I'm sorry I don't have any other good news.' the doctor had informed us.

'I want to see him.' Kurt tried pushing through the doctor.

'He hadn't regained consciousness.' the doctor noted.

'I thought he had a heard attack.' Mr. Shue spoke.

'Brought on by an arrhythmia, which caused a lack of blood to his brain. That's what made him lose consciousness and what's keeping him comatose. We have him on lidocaine, but there's no guarantees they're going to work or what kind of damage was done to his brain by the lack of oxygen.' the doctor continued.

'I don't understand what you're saying.' Kurt replied with tears forming in his eyes. 'When is he going to wake up?' Kurt asked.

'I don't know.' the doctor stated.

immediately I could feel myself get tense, staring intensely at the ground not wanting to look up.

'Okay, just, just take us to him now, please.' Mr. Shue interjected.

We walked into the room Burt was in, right when Kurt removed the large curtains blocking our view from him, I could see Kurt's eyes die down.

Though I was adopted into the Hummel family, I never felt like I wasn't a part of it at all, I met Kurt and Burt not too long after Kurt's mom had passed. Kurt immediately took me in as a sister of his own, and instantly became best-friends with me. Seeing Burt in such a vulnerable position made it hard for me to even look up.

'We need a minute' Kurt spoke.

'I don't think you two should be alone.' Emma calmly responded.

Just as I was finally going to speak- 'Please just give us a moment alone with our father.' Kurt tried speaking.

'We'll be right outside.' Mr. Shue informed us putting his hands on our shoulders, a few seconds after Emma and him had left.

Right after they had left, all I could feel is Kurt grab my hand and hold onto it tight. I held his back to let him know, I was also there for him.

'Dad? Kurt called slightly pausing in between his sentence. 'Can you hear me?' Kurt continued and held onto Burt's hand. 'If you can hear me, squeeze my hand. I'm holding yours right now. Just squeeze back. Come on, dad. Just squeeze my hand.' Kurt kept speaking.

Coming to school the next day was really hard, Kurt couldn't even get up from bed.
Once we went to the choir room to start today's practice, everyone came up and starting hugging Kurt and I.

'Hey guys, we're really sorry about your dads heart attack.' Santana sighed.
'Thanks Santana.' Kurt slightly smiled.
'I did a book report on heart attacks, if you want to give it to the doctor. I got knocked down an entire letter grade cause it was written in crayon.' Brittany mentioned handing us a green book with bees on the cover.
I stared at it for a couple of seconds, trying to read the cover. 'Thanks Britt.' I spoke to Brittany.