Chapter 13: Mari's Ending

*Kirami's POV*

"June!" I run towards June and embrace her. Mari doesn't pay any attention and walks towards Margaret. me and June cried and hugged each other passionately. "Oh June! My June!" I put both of my hands on both of her cheeks and I see tears falling off of her beautiful face. "I found you, I finally found you. I'm so sorry I took so long, but I'm here now". Tears fall off of my face, I'm so happy that she's okay. I look at Junes wounded body and I cover my mouth. "W--What did she do to you?" June laughs with tears still in her eyes and tells me "Who cares about me?! Are YOU okay?" I laugh with her, telling her "I care about you, silly!" I hug her again and rub her head.

Margaret throws a key at me and I eagerly get the handcuffs off of June. When the handcuffs are off, red marks are all that's left. I help June sit up and we both look at Mari and she has a mysterious blade pressing against her neck. Mari struggles to get out of her bondage, but fails.

"Oh dear sister, its time we stop your antics. You've hurt a lot of good people, haven't you?" Margaret turns to me and asks "Would you like to have the honor of killing her, Kirami? Or should I do it?" I sniff and tell her "You can do whatever you want, I'm just happy to have June bac--"

"Kirami, please listen to me!" Mari cuts me off. "Who--Who do you want to be with? Me or June? She's too weak to be with you, I gave you so much more than what she gave you! Please Kirami, choose me!" I think about my decision as I feel my heart beat painfully. I finally found June, but will it be the same as before? The car accident, I finally remember what happened that day:

June was driving and I was in the passengers seat. I remember how upset she looked.  Why? What was she upset about? And why was I crying?

I hear June yelling at me while facing the road. "You never want to open up to me babe! I tried everything and I want to be with you, but you're so distant!"

Oh yeah, my depression was getting bad, so bad that for some reason I couldn't talk to June about it. I looked away from June's angry face and stared at the trees passing by us. I couldn't stand hearing her yell. I then say these words to her "I think we should get a divorce". After I said that, I saw Junes face, she looked hurt and surprised. She stared at me and wasn't paying attention to the road.

The last thing I heard was another car honking. The honking got louder and louder until the other car crashed into us.

Why did I want to look for her? The relationship was over to begin with. "Kirami? Why do you look like that?" June asked me, sounding uneasy. I look at Mari and she knew my answer, giving me a sinister grin. There's a chance she could change her ways, but I have to see for myself.

"Mari, make her go away".

Mari nods and breaks free from Margaret's bondage and slices her sisters neck open with her sharp nails. Margarets eye is wide with shock and drops to the now bloody ground without any struggle. Her sword drops to the ground with her. Mari licks her red fingers and walks towards me and June. June pleads for me to save her, grabbing my arm desperately, but I shove her. I get up and stand next to Mari, who was ready to strike. I took one last look at June who cried so much that she wasn't able to speak her last words. I look away from her, telling her that I love her. And all I heard were painful cries, blood splatters, and then silence.

~

I stare at the blue ocean in front of me, smelling the salty air. This is the first time I've seen a blue ocean instead of red. It feels....nice. Mari got us a beach house somewhere in California, too bad I didn't at least get to say goodbye to my family and Tommie. But I know they'll be okay, okay about the fact that I won't give them anymore trouble. No more death, no more violence.

I turn away from the big blue sea and I face the vanity table to look at my reflection. I now have demon horns growing on top of my head and my brown eyes are slightly glowing. I open my mouth and see fangs growing as well. Mari did this to me, but she did it so we could be together.

Speaking of Mari, she walks in the bedroom door wearing a black see-through summer dress and she seems to be holding something in her hand. She had her usual cat ears and tails, and her long hair is tied in a bun. She greets me with a warm smile and says "Hello beautiful, how are you feeling?"

"I still have to get used to the demon thing, but I'm feeling really good" I told her giving her a smile back. Mari takes a deep breath and tells me "You make me so happy, you know that? I'm glad that you chose me, and I wasn't to stay with you so we can continue to be together forever". Mari then got to her knees and what she was holding in her hand was a gorgeous golden ring. I ended up crying tears of joy as I hear Mari say "Trust me, this is just the beginning of our new life together. So I have to ask, Kirami Hanarama, will you marry me?"

I Immediately say yes as I feel the cold ring go through my ring finger where the other ring June gave me was before.......wait, June?

Me and Mari hug and being her I see June. She looked the same as before, her nude body was exposed, covered in old cuts. Her chest was ripped open where her heart should be, and blood was pouring out of her dry mouth. She stared at me with dead soulless eyes. I begin to panic, pushing Mari and yelling "GET AWAY FROM ME!!!" I thought she was dead, I thought she would be gone, why do I keep seeing her?

"Is it the hallucinations again?" Mari asks. I nod and she grabs my hand telling me "Its alright. They'll go away eventually. You must be hungry, let's go eat, okay?" As were walking to the dining room, I'm thinking about June, If things would've been different in the past. If we didn't get in that car accident, if June didn't die, if we didn't meet Mari, If I chose June instead of Mari, would things be different?

We both sit down and Mari opens a fancy looking dish tray, and in it was my bloody beating heart surrounded with small carrots and peas. Maybe if we eat, all of my pain will go away and me and Mari will live happily ever after.