0.2

19/3/2021

Formula 1 Drive to Survive Season 3:

"I'm Scarlett Chilwell, I'm 21 years old and I'm a Formula 1 driver for the Red Bull racing team, with Max Verstappen,"

_________________

"What do you think of the new Racing Point cars for this year?"

"Um I think it's funny that they look very similar to a certain constructor's winning Mercedes car, just in pink to try disguise it,"

"Would you consider their car illegal?"

"Well each team has to design and build their own car and they haven't. They've copy pasted another car so it doesn't count. I don't know if it's illegal because I don't know everything that's inside it, but on the outside it's definitely not their own car,"

Welcome to the first round of the 2020 Formula 1 season in Australia. Although there is a lot of question in the air about whether this race will go ahead after two members of the McLaren team have tested positive for COVID!

"Suddenly with two mechanics having COVID, the entire paddock has gone insane because none of us know what's going to happen and we're all just hanging in the air waiting to hear the word,"

"Do you think you should race this weekend?"

"If we're endangering the lives of the drivers, the team members, journalists and fans then no absolutely not,"

A joint statement has just landed between the FIA, Formula 1, and the Australian Grand Prix Corporation that this Grand Prix has been cancelled.

"For me the Grand Prix being cancelled was the right decision because we all need to protect each other and I know the fans are annoyed but we are too. Hopefully we can get back on the track soon enough."

_________________

Good morning, everybody, from the Styrian hills. We're in Austria. This is the first race in the 2020 Formula 1 season.

"I love racing in Austria, I've always done well here and I'm just so excited to finally be in the Red Bull car and to give it my all. I'm gutted the fans can't be here to watch but I know it's going to be a great weekend,"

"Do you think Red Bull can bring the fight to Mercedes this year?"

"Of course we can, we're a good team and we have a good car. It really comes down to those few tenths of a second,"

Christian: Did you see that Hamilton skipped the yellow flag?

Scarlett: Yeah, if he's doing that he's got to get a penalty. I know the FIA is all Mercedes paid off but they can't ignore that

Christian: We found footage from Hamilton's car of the yellow flag clearly shown that the FIA hadn't seen so we're going to show it to them today

"Hamilton definitely deserved the penalty and he's experienced so if he knows he's seen a yellow flag he should put his hands up and admit it"

This 3 place penalty has benefited Red Bull so well because now they've got Max in P2 and Scarlett in P4 with Lewis in P5 so both Red Bull cars will be near the front. I have a feeling the strategy today will be for Scarlett to fend off Lewis while Max fights Valterri

"I'm just excited to get in the car and give it my all"

And Max Verstappen is out of this race after losing power which means it is now Bottas up front, Hamilton in second and Chilwell in third