Parcel 9 (1) Part 33

Start from the beginning

"Look, the only reason I agreed to it is because her dad bailed me out.  It's way better than foster care which is where Coral and I were headed if Ward hadn't stepped in," John B reminded her, tiredly as he moved to go sit down with Pope.

"So like do you have membership to the clubs, now?" Pope asked, laughing.  "I don't know, Pope," John B answered, clearly irritated.

"Please don't start dressing like an Easter egg," JJ chimed in as Coral laughed so hard she snorted.  

"I'm still stuck on how you're living with public enemy number one," Kie said as she set down drinks for everyone, "I mean you promised; you said you weren't with her," she continued looking at John B.

"I'm not," John B exclaimed.  "Bro, just own it, she got you," JJ voiced rolling his eyes.

"Look, if you want to hang out with her, that's fine.  It's your business," Kie told him, "But I'm letting you know right now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah."

"Kie, she's not even here," Coral spoke up, "And you're right if John B wants to spend time with her it's his business, not any of ours," she defended her brother.

"Thank you!" he exclaimed as Kie looked at her disgruntled, "Now a little focus would be fantastic," he said motioning to the map that Pope had been studying.

"Well the coast has changed so we need to look for things that haven't changed, like Battery Jasper," Pope told them pointing to where the old fort was drawn on the map.

"Guess we're taking a field trip," JJ declared.

Pulling up to the old fort they all jumped out of the van.  Laying the map out Pope looked it over, "Okay, so we're in Battery right here," he told them pointing on the map, "So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere Northeast of here," he continued pointing off in the direction.

"Well that's not Tannyhill.  That's a subdivision," JJ said looking out to where Pope had pointed.

"No, Tannyhill Plantation used to be the entire island.  It got sold into smaller pieces over time," John B told him.

Looking over Pope's shoulder at the map Coral pointed out what looked like a stone wall, "So we need to find this somewhere over there?" she asked.

"Pretty much," Pope replied as he folded the map back up and they climbed back into the VW.

Driving down various roads they kept their eyes focused on looking for a stone wall.  Turning a sharp left down the next road John B slammed on the breaks.

"That looks like a stone wall to me," JJ commented looking out the window.  Pulling off to the side of the road they climbed out of the VW and stared up at the house behind the wall, "Are you serious?  The Crain house?" Coral asked wide eyed.

"I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her husband's head on the property," JJ informed them.

Holding her hand up Kie shook her head, "Can you not," she said looking at JJ.

"I'm just telling you what I heard," he said shrugging.

"Guys, come on," John B said heading for the low stone wall, "I don't believe any of the stories about this place," he told them as he climbed over the wall.

"Dude, she's an axe murderer," JJ whined as he climbed over the wall with Coral.  Landing on the other side he looked at John B, "Are you sure you want to do this?  Go up against an axe murderer?"

"I don't give a shit if she's an axe murderer," John B snapped, "We got nothin to lose, right?  So are you coming or what?" he asked over his shoulder as he turned and stomped through the overgrown grass.