Midsummers 2 Part 32

Start from the beginning

"The Powerpuff Squad?" she laughed. 

"Yeah. Rafe had a powder blue suit on and let's not even discuss Kelce in the pink get up," JJ replied, smirking as she continued to giggle.

"I have to say if being rich consists of dressing like an Easter egg John B can keep the gold," Pope said. 

Full out laughing, Coral had tears running down her face, "An Easter egg," she snorted causing the others to laugh. 

The four were still laughing when Kie turned her head towards the open door immediately quieting down, "Guys, guys," she called over their noise, "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

Hearing a distant yell for help the four looked at each other wide eyed, "No, I heard that," JJ said as they all scrambled out of the van. 

Taking off down the path leading up to the Hawks Nest the boys were ahead of them and saw John B first. 

"Sarah, what the hell happened," Pope questioned panicked. 

Turning away from his best friend laying on the ground JJ managed to catch Coral as she and Kie had finally caught up, "Coral you need to stay back," he told her as Sarah answered Pope.

"He needs help.  Topper pushed him."

Hearing Kie's gasp Coral struggled to see around JJ, "Who did Topper shove?" she asked hysterically already knowing the answer. 

"I'm going for help," Pope yelled taking off back towards the parking lot. 

"JJ, let me go.  I need to see my brother," Coral begged tugging on her arms. 

Swearing JJ loosened his grip and turned allowing Coral to see her brother sprawled on the ground not moving. 

"Oh God," she gasped forcing the bile down she went to her knees on the opposite side from where Sarah was crying hysterically over his body. 

Picking up his hand Coral squeezed,  "JB, JB, can you hear me?"

Coral was numb to everything around her as she sat in the sand next to her brother.  She knew JJ and Kie were both yelling for Pope and Sarah was repeatedly telling her brother not to leave her, but their voices didn't penetrate. 

It was like she was stuck in a wind tunnel and she couldn't hear anything outside of the sound of her own breathing.  Swallowing she closed her eyes and leaned her head on her brother's stomach. 

"JB, you have to be okay," she whispered, "I can't do this alone.  You can't leave me like, Daddy.  Please, please, please," she begged over and over. 

She didn't know how long she stayed hunched over his body until she felt JJ pulling on her arm, "We have to go, Baby Girl.  If they find you here they'll take you."

"I can't leave him.  They'll take him too."

"I'll stay with him," Sarah spoke up.  "So will we," Kie added motioning to herself and a winded Pope. 

"DCS will take him," Coral repeated, shaking her head.

"I'll call my dad," Sarah told her, "He'll help.  I know he will," she added when Coral looked at her skeptically. 

"I don't know you.  I don't trust you," Coral stated, angrily.

Blinking at the venom coming from Coral's words, Sarah shook her head, "I know you don't know me, but please, trust me," she pleaded with tears running down her face. 

Hearing the sirens getting closer JJ tugged on her arm again, "Baby, please we gotta go."

"I'm trusting you, Sarah Cameron," Coral decided before kissing John B's forehead and standing.