-Chapter Fourteen-

Beginne am Anfang

I looked over to my mom for some type of assistance, but of course she wasn't going to help me. She never stood up to my father. She was just standing there looking dumb with her head hanging down. "Baby just go..." She whispered.

I felt my eyes fill up with tears as I opened the front door and walked towards my car. My mom watched me as I put my bags in.

"I love you Cheyenne." I heard her say before walking back in the house. Seeing that front door close felt like watching her literally turn her back on me and choose my father over me, the child that she birthed.

I hadn't planned on leaving so early since I had a few more days left of thanksgiving break but I just couldn't stay in that house. My dad was ready to fight from the second I pulled in the driveway and I did not sign up for that. The stunt he pulled at thanksgiving dinner was ridiculous, and the stuff he had to say to me today is where I drew the line.

I really want my parents to be in my life, but my dad was making it very hard. Just because he doesn't have complete control over my life now, and he thinks he knows what I'm out here doing. The fact that they really tried to pop up at my dorm to surprise me just showed me that they really didn't trust me. The way my dad was acting over a damn apartment was crazy and then to call me a whore? The kicker is he doesn't even know about Clifford yet. It'll be impossible to get through to him about my relationship, and I didn't want to choose between Clifford or my parents.

Once I got settled in the car and made it down the street I called Clifford.

"Hey baby," He answered the phone. I could tell he had a smile on his face, but I was fighting back tears.

"Babe I can't do this shit. I'm on my way back."

"What's wrong?" His voice was now serious. "What happened?"

The tears started to flow from my eyes as soon as he asked me what was wrong. That question always got the water works going for some reason.

"My dad man. He is just so controlling he's been treating me like shit since I got home on Wednesday. Every time he speaks to me he has an attitude. Then today he called me a whore. And my mom just sits there and lets that shit happen like... I'm done." I felt the tears starting to fall down my face.

"It's okay baby, how far away are you?"

"I'm 40 minutes away from your house." I sniffled.

"Okay, calm down so you can drive safely. I will see you when you get here, and we will talk okay?"

"Okay." I answered trying to dry up my tears. I turned on my music full blast, trying to drown out my thoughts.

———

I must have been speeding because I got to Cliffords house quicker than I thought. As I parked in the driveway I saw Cliffords front door open and him come out.

He opened my door for me and I hopped out and threw my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me, which caused me to instantly started crying again.

"It's okay baby," He rubbed my back. "You're okay." He kissed my forehead.

"Clifford I'm not going back there," I sobbed. The tears were uncontrollable at this point. "I can't deal with them."

"I got you. You don't have to worry about them right now. I promise you everything is going to be okay."

He lifted my head up and wiped the tears that were running down my face. "Come on mama, you know I don't like seeing tears on that pretty face. Look at me."